Kris Boyd now a free agent

He was good enough for the SPL because he was a poor man's Ally McCoist - he poached a lot of goals, and to be fair to him had decent box positional sense.

But that was all he had. Ally was way more than just that. Now Boyd is finding his ability just isn't enough for any league better than the SPL.

On the correct terms (i.e. NOT high wages so about 12k max IMHO) I would give him a deal. It isnt as if we are blessed with goalscorers at Ibrox. I think Jelavic's movement could see Boyd score a ton of goals too.

Plus, it would see us play 4-5-1 less often hopefully.

Still would rather have had Miller back at Ibrox than Boyd.....

On the correct terms (i.e. NOT high wages so about 12k max IMHO) I would give him a deal. It isnt as if we are blessed with goalscorers at Ibrox. I think Jelavic's movement could see Boyd score a ton of goals too.

Plus, it would see us play 4-5-1 less often hopefully.

Still would rather have had Miller back at Ibrox than Boyd.....

12K wouldn't pay him 12 peanuts.

I think it is obvious we're short on strikers and creativity.

As such, being linked to Boyd was always going to be a inevitability. However, I'd be very surprised if he (or Novo for that matter) return to the club.

I'd take him back in a minute, hope we go for him, come back boydy :)

Agree....

The one thing that Boyd did was score goals - nobody can deny that fact. Unless I'm mistaken, the aim of this game is to score more goals than the opposition. How those goals are scored and how much effort the scorer puts in is irrelevant!!!

I would put a deal to the end of the season on the table with an option to extend. This may give him a chance to get a regular game again and possibly re-establish some kind of reputation.