McCoist - We're ready for Celtic

So you would rather he went the "Lennon route" would you pete ? Hang your players out to dry in the national press ?

Personally I prefer him to publicly say we are prepared for Celtic whilst privately tearing a strip off his players for the poor performances of late.

SAF has made a career of being "blind" to how poorly his team have played when talking to the press, but you can bet they are not mistaken how angry he is in the privacy of the dressing room.

The manager's job is also to protect his players. I am not convinced we would get the correct response if he chastised them in the press before this game.

And in fact, in recent weeks, he has indeed been telling the press that the performances arent good enough for Rangers.

Totally no idea where I said he should hang his players out to dry. He should be looking in the mirror at his own performances. I don't blame the players for our recent form I blame the manager for the way he is setting out the team. If there are no players in a forward position then you can't pass the ball forward. Stick 2 men on Jelavic and close Davis down quickly and what is left 3 defending midfielders. But hey lets not criticise super Ally. The messiah!

He should be looking in the mirror at his own performances. I don't blame the players for our recent form I blame the manager for the way he is setting out the team.

While McCoist HAS to accept a portion of the blame for the team selection and general tactics, I think that pales into insignificance when you consider how the players are actually performing!!!! They are struggling to string 2 passes together - eg. against St Mirren, Whittaker took a throw in to Edu....edu's return pass went 5 yds to the left and out of play - you can't blame McCoist for that!!!

The flip side of that, is are the training schedules etc up to scratch??? St Mirren played the Gers off the park - what are they doing so differently to us???

I think McCoist's view is the correct one - Stand as a team, fall as a team....there are faults everywhere!!!

I've just been reading Saturday mornings Scotsman's pull out and Ally said that the St Mirren game was a 'must win game'. It's easy after the event to ridicule what folk have to say, but I wathced that game and it was not a 'must win' performance.

Somebody's taking shite and it's looking incrreasingly like it's coming out of Ally's gob.

Totally no idea where I said he should hang his players out to dry. He should be looking in the mirror at his own performances. I don't blame the players for our recent form I blame the manager for the way he is setting out the team. If there are no players in a forward position then you can't pass the ball forward. Stick 2 men on Jelavic and close Davis down quickly and what is left 3 defending midfielders. But hey lets not criticise super Ally. The messiah!

Where did anyone say McCoist was free of criticism or that he was the Messiah ?

Maybe it is just me but I keep reading on here that the performance against St Mirren wasnt good enough and wasnt a "must win" performance.

Yet from what I was watching on Saturday, we were up 1-0 and looking very comfortable. I thought we were playing well enough, including McCulloch.

The red card changed everything IMO. We HAD to change the way we played. And yet I felt we had the majority of possession in the 2nd half and COULD have equalised (yes, I know, Saints could have scored as well).

The rules changed when Mcculloch was sent off. The performance was going to be a lot different.

So you would rather he went the "Lennon route" would you pete ? Hang your players out to dry in the national press ?

Personally I prefer him to publicly say we are prepared for Celtic whilst privately tearing a strip off his players for the poor performances of late.

SAF has made a career of being "blind" to how poorly his team have played when talking to the press, but you can bet they are not mistaken how angry he is in the privacy of the dressing room.

The manager's job is also to protect his players. I am not convinced we would get the correct response if he chastised them in the press before this game.

And in fact, in recent weeks, he has indeed been telling the press that the performances arent good enough for Rangers.

I agree with you of course, but I have to say the Lennon route seems to have worked for them. The gap's closed big time.

I agree with you of course, but I have to say the Lennon route seems to have worked for them. The gap's closed big time.

It has, agreed. But I am not convinced it was as a result of his public humiliations of his team, just as likely in spite of. We will never know.