Whittaker to be out for a while

I know some of you wanted him to take some absence from the first team, well I read on SSN's ticker than he's going to require surgery so I suspect he'll be away for a good couple of months.

Which probably means more outings either for Broadfoot or Bartley. In RB.

If I read it wrong and he doesn't need surgery I stand corrected.

Never 'like' to see a Rangers player or any player for that matter injured but maybe Whittaker has been carrying the knock for a few weeks and that was how his performances were below par. I'd like to see McMillan get a run. He came in along with Perry last season played well in a couple of games and then disappeared without trace.

McMillan hasn't knocked back a new contract at all according to what he's saying in the Rangers article "Opportunity Knocks" - http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20120106/opportunity-knocks_2254024_2568836

WITH Steven Whittaker and Kirk Broadfoot currently injured Jordan McMillan hopes that he can kickstart his Gers career by making his second start for Ally McCoist's first team in 2011/12 on Sunday against Arbroath.

Despite being at his beloved Light Blues for over a decade the versatile right back has struggled to make an impact at senior level but has never given up hope that his time would come.

With several key players out for this weekend's Scottish Cup fourth round clash at Gayfield Jordan is keeping his fingers crossed that he can get a chance to show what he can do against the Lichties.

Having been on loan at Hamilton Accies, Queen of the South and Wrexham the likeable Glaswegian is desperate to make the grade at Rangers and he will put his current contract talks on hold for a couple of days as he focuses on impressing on the pitch against Paul Sheerin's Second Division side.

He said: "The discussions are ongoing, that as far as we are right now, we are at the table talking but I just want to get on with my football.

"My agent is dealing with everything so I'll let him get on with it.

"This weekend we have a big game against Arbroath and we all want to put in a good performance after our win over Motherwell in the league.

"There's a few injuries at right back. Steven Whittaker is a Scotland international as is Kirk Broadfoot so with the two of them missing I hope it can be an opportunity for me to play.

"It has been frustrating not to have been involved more but I'm still here and I'm a Rangers fan so I'm still fighting to get in the team.

"I'm happy to be here and hopefully the gaffer is happy for me to be here.

"But the match on Sunday is a good opportunity for all the players that haven't had many chances this season to show what they can do although we will expect it to be tough.

"I played at Gayfield a few years ago and I think a few of our boys will get a culture shock.

"But it's a game we've got to go out and win, that is all we are focused on."

Guest Dutchy
Would give Jordan McMillan a run in the team. What's the point in offering him a new contract and never playing him? Would love to see a full back at Ibrox that could actually tackle.

That says it all about our policy of playing youth. Or lack of policy.

Why would any youngster want to sign for Rangers just to keep the bench warm and be told your one for the future, while at the same time the team shell out 100,000's on other teams youths?

And don't play them!