If BBC Scotland are institutionally biased

BBC Scotland are nothing more than scumbags imo. The documentary on Whyte showed up incompetence as it uncovered little at the expense of license fee payers. However, inserting 'hun' or 'scum' in pictures with a player or model clearly shows an agenda.

Reporting on TLB being sent bullets outside Ibrox just adds to the claims of biased reporting. C'mon, what has that got to do with us?

I don't think the problem started with the BBC until pretty recently - certainly not until after Blue Heaven.

Thats at least 3 times thats been proposed to danny but he doesnt seem to like that or accept it as he's not responded to that point. Entire premise of the thread is fallacious because of this.

It's not institutionally biased Danny, meaning it doesn't necessarily come from the top down. There is however a core of Celtic "Minded" anti-Rangers employees in there who take every opportunity to negatively report on Rangers and portray Celtic as the cutesy, charming club of the people. You only have to contrast and compare the coverage of both clubs UEFA disciplinary cased recently.....that is just one example among dozens.

Here's a question...when do you guys think this campaign began? (If indeed there IS a campaign) I think it's around the same time as all. the other anti-Rangers propaganda began to manifest itself in the media and online. It seems to me that at some point 2 or 3 years ago a concerted and clandestine effort was made to attack the club in any way possible.

It's not institutionally biased Danny, meaning it doesn't necessarily come from the top down. There is however a core of Celtic "Minded" anti-Rangers employees in there who take every opportunity to negatively report on Rangers and portray Celtic as the cutesy, charming club of the people. You only have to contrast and compare the coverage of both clubs UEFA disciplinary cased recently.....that is just one example among dozens.

Here's a question...when do you guys think this campaign began? (If indeed there IS a campaign) I think it's around the same time as all. the other anti-Rangers propaganda began to manifest itself in the media and online. It seems to me that at some point 2 or 3 years ago a concerted and clandestine effort was made to attack the club in any way possible.

It was going on before that. The VB's first protest was back in 2009 and it had been going on for quite a few years before that. They had a large dossier of incidents at that point. However like others I don't think that it was going on much prior to 2003.

It was made for the BBC and with full permission by Rangers with full access to our facilities. You make it sound like they just bought the rights to show it.

I didn't say it proved or disproved anything, I was just curious as to why they'd dedicate an entire series to Rangers and our youth system when they were supposedly so biased against us.

I thought it was made by Saltire Films and not the BBC?

I didn't say that you said that it proved or disproved anything.

Thats at least 3 times thats been proposed to danny but he doesnt seem to like that or accept it as he's not responded to that point. Entire premise of the thread is fallacious because of this.

Your post itself is beyond fallacious given you made assumptions about my stance based on a lack of response. Did you court the idea I've only just read the further responses? Apparently you didn't.

I don't think the problem started with the BBC until pretty recently - certainly not until after Blue Heaven.

I have no doubt there are individuals in the BBC who don't like Rangers. Frankly, I'd be shocked if any news organisation in Scotland had no employees who disliked Rangers.

I also accept that it is unprofessional to allow those agendas to bias reporting - I myself in my blogs, despite being a Rangers fan, specifically try to keep my emotions and allegiances to one side as I report and discuss facts around the club on an almost journalistic level.

However, I've witnessed many positive Rangers stories on the BBC (only yesterday they reported AVB saying we'd win the league), and many negative Celtic ones too (headlining their Reporting Scotland with the Celtic 'illicit chanting' story).

I just feel these other stories get completely ignored because it doesn't fit with this current issue of the BBC being biased against us.

I don't think they are any better or worse than any other news agency - most are quite poor, and even relaxed observation will see negative Rangers stories from any outlet, and positive ones too.

In summary, I don't think the BBC has an institutional bias against us - but like any news organisation, its staff will occasionally let their own agendas dictate how they report a story - and Celtic, Hearts and ourselves have been 'victims' of it in the past 5 years.