He looks a decent player, on grass that's not lying on a bed on mud, as it does in Scotland. Who's to say whether he'll deal with the conditions of our pitches here. I'm never very sure of all these players these days that come over from the warmer climes. They never seem to do the business.

If we really wanted the player in the first place and were in a position to buy him we should have started making bids for him instead of going public with our interest without actually doing anything about it.

In fairness, the "alleged" story broke in the media first....then confirmed, after being questioned directly by the club.

When the media get wind of a potential target and question McCoist directly about it, do you expect him to lie??? McCoist has confirmed SOME interest in the player, but nothing more really.

IMHO, this is a problem due to the increased media access in the last few years - twitter, facebook, internet etc. Rumours & leaks are easy to get into the public domain where they can quickly become "fact". This then looks like the club are conducting their business in a very public manner....

No don't need to lie, you just don't need to confirm it.

A standard deflection could be we're interested in many other players when someone's name is brought up in an interview.

I wish we would stop making our transfer deals public because when it all falls through we are made to look like fools :(

Celtic bought Scott Brown and Glenn Loovens because we made it public so sometimes it is an advantage.:grin:

It's comparable in the context I placed it...only two teams can win la Liga, same as SPL, no?

Not in my opinion.

The fact only two teams can win the league in Spain says nothing about the overall quality of the game in that country vs Scotland.

You compared it and then said that Brechin would beat most 3rd tier teams in Spain. How do you get that ? By the comparison of the top 2 in each league ?

The EPL, until this year, would only be won by two teams..... Does that mean Brechin would give most League One teams a shagging ? I doubt it.