Young Gers Finish In Style In Turkey

Billy Kirkwood has a squad of 18 young Gers in Turkey as part of the Leonardo da Vinci programme and throughout their two weeks of training and games we've been hearing directly from the under-19s boss on how his side are progressing

YESTERDAY saw the lads complete our trip with a comfortable 9-0 victory over Kestel who had replaced Alanya at the last minute.

Although we were looking to give the squad a tough test in our last match, I can only thank our opponents for stepping in and giving us a game.

Again the boys went about their business in the right way and I was delighted with their performance from start to finish.

We had a number of different lads grabbing goals, including Callum Gallagher and Barrie McKay who both scored another two goals each.

But I have to praise two of our other lads for their performance in the game. Fraser Aird and Jamie Burrows were terrific for us and Fraser, after all his troubles in getting here, grabbed himself a hat-trick to round off a great two weeks for him.

Young Jamie also found the net after coming off the bench and he has really impressed me on the park but also off it too.

He has shown a great maturity and he is someone that I will definitely be looking to get some game time with the under-19s for the rest of the season.

Last night was a relaxing one for everyone as we prepare to return to Glasgow later today.

There will be no rest for the squad though as they will report back to Murray Park tomorrow for training as we look ahead to the game against Dunfermline on Saturday.

In previous years we have had some fantastic results following our time away, so I am hoping that come the full time whistle we will have all three points as we look to climb the table and finish the season on a high.

I think it is safe to say that everyone has enjoyed the two weeks we have had here in Turkey and I would like to thank all the staff and everyone who has helped us during our stay.

It is because of all these people that the lads are able to enjoy the trip and learn a little something about another culture and lifestyle.

Thanks to you all.