Mervan Celik Signs three-and-a-half year deal

From one of the videos I've seen he does like a stepover. I'm not going to judge until I see him play he could frustrate me, also could get a good kicking from the diddy club cloggers.

Aye, he looks a bit like a Weiss-style showboater at times, but he does look pretty talented with a football. Considering he's costing us next to nothing, we can't really go wrong!

Aye, he looks a bit like a Weiss-style showboater at times, but he does look pretty talented with a football. Considering he's costing us next to nothing, we can't really go wrong!

I was thinking about Weiss when I saw him play and agreed next to nothing can't really go wrong.

I'm excited about this boy. He's part Turkish so we can bank on getting 100% from him and he's got skills in his locker that can excite the fans. Him on one side Aluko on the other?? Could be that Ally as found a diamond here.

I'm excited about this boy. He's part Turkish so we can bank on getting 100% from him and he's got skills in his locker that can excite the fans. Him on one side Aluko on the other?? Could be that Ally as found a diamond here.

Thinking the same things here Dan! :tu:

When you getting married btw? :D

I'm equally excited by him but don't quite understand why a part Turkish player would be more likely to give 100% than a player of any other nationality?

I would suspect that he will start on the bench next week and come on for Wallace at some stage. Question is, will Ally start him ahead of Wallace and in these circumstances would Papac retain his place (my preference) or would Wallace go to LB?

If I was Gregg Wylde, I'd be thinking about going on loan somewhere.

I'm equally excited by him but don't quite understand why a part Turkish player would be more likely to give 100% than a player of any other nationality?

I would suspect that he will start on the bench next week and come on for Wallace at some stage. Question is, will Ally start him ahead of Wallace and in these circumstances would Papac retain his place (my preference) or would Wallace go to LB?

If I was any of our midfielders bar Davis, Aluko, Edu, McCulloch (:() and Chelik then I would be looking for a loan, except Ness but he is always injured :(.

Soz i maybe should have explained my comment. Only speaking from experience, i've played against Turks many a time and they have a fiery mentality as well as a fight to the death attitude IMO.

P.S i didn't say anything about any other nationality but for example,Some African players have a bit of a reputation for being lazy,money grabbing and having no loyalty. Turks,Greeks they are brought up in very passionate footballing countries so it's in their blood to play with passion. It's the least you can expect from players from these countries.