i have to say in would not have him in my rangers team

yes he scores a goal every couple a games but he spends more time on his arse than he does on his feet

i dont know how many times boyd just falls to the ground looking for a free kick instead of chasing the ball or holding it up

i dont think boyd is good enough and i would have sebo and novo starting up front in the up coming games

I agree but I think PLG is partyl to blame for persisting to play Boyd up front himself. He can't hold the ball up and bring others into play. He can't jump and head a ball and his 1st touch is absolutely shite. Maybe if PLG changed his formation to accomodate 2 strikers then we might see a difference but if PLG doesn't see fit to change things around then he should drop Boyd.

Personally I think Boyd's link-up play has improved over the last month or so. Did he not provide knock-downs for 2 of the goals in Italy for example?

However, I do think Boyd needs to have someone alongside him up front for a few games so they can develop an understanding about each other, all strikers need to be given that time.

As for Boyd, do you not think he's like McCoist where you can't afford to drop him because you know if he gets a lot of chances (which we usually create), you know he'll take at least one of them? He's exactly the sort of player we've been trying to buy since McCoist retired, so I think he should be first name on the teamsheet.

I wouldnt brand Boyd near McCoists league. Boyd is a poacher and can get goals, he has proved that, but so did Billy Dodds and he wasnt a McCoist either.

To have a poacher in the side you need to play a big strong striker off him and NOT leave him on his own.

He is still young and learning but I agree he wouldnt be in my XI either, id rather see Sebo and Novo line up with each other.

I think Boyd is the most natural goal-scorer/poacher we have and I'd rather see him playing off Sebo than Novo. But at the moment I'd rather see Sebo & Novo playing than just Boyd on his own as 1 striker clearly isn't working for us. Strikers need time to get used to playing together, they're never going to get that at the moment with all the chopping and changing going on.

But Dodds was another one who struggled to get a run in the team, but somehow continued to score goals whenever he was given a chance.