Alastair Johnstone 31/01/2012

Call me stubborn, but I will not listen to this. I've been brought up with chairmen, managers, and players who fully understood what it means to be a Ranger. Fair enough, SDM (after the credit crunch) financially drove us against the wall, but ever since Lloyds took over, a great number of Rangers people let their club down by going publicly against Rangers FC and various people within it. All these directors we had these last years before Whyte took over did nothing to get us back on track financially, did not harrass SDM into actively looking for a buyer or a way to get us out of the HMRC dilemma(s). Now that they have been punted they come back and tell us (and the world) that all the bad stuff Whyte takes on with great public attention is being done wrongly? Even a dead rat's IQ should be enough to see through this ...

Call me stubborn, but I will not listen to this. I've been brought up with chairmen, managers, and players who fully understood what it means to be a Ranger. Fair enough, SDM (after the credit crunch) financially drove us against the wall, but ever since Lloyds took over, a great number of Rangers people let their club down by going publicly against Rangers FC and various people within it. All these directors we had these last years before Whyte took over did nothing to get us back on track financially, did not harrass SDM into actively looking for a buyer or a way to get us out of the HMRC dilemma(s). Now that they have been punted they come back and tell us (and the world) that all the bad stuff Whyte takes on with great public attention is being done wrongly? Even a dead rat's IQ should be enough to see through this ...

If you seriously think that Johnston, Murray (Paul), McClelland et al do not fully understand what it means to be a Ranger then you're woefully deluded.

If you seriously think that Johnston, Murray (Paul), McClelland et al do not fully understand what it means to be a Ranger then you're woefully deluded.

Did I say so? I do indeed question their dignity as well as the way to conduct this whole "business", and again question their loyalty to the club when it was theirs to guide ... for years. It smacks you right on the forehead if they come out now and criticise Whyte for what he did and does, something they could not pull of by themselves.

I listened to that last night, live so to speak and he was sounding not too bad. On the other thread I had my say so about it, but it is more about these financial guru's these day and fans don't talk about the football. I say SDM started this trend as he was obviously in it for the TV money riches, as he percieved it.

What anyone wants to be doing investing in Scottish football is a mystery to me.

I'd say CW wants to save Rangers, and making a wee bit of cash out of it along the way can't hurt. Maybe he's bitten off more than he can chew and he's seems to be constantly re-planning his strategy.

My point about Johnson is that would we be any better off as his claim that LBG would've been happy with a current running debt of £16 million, but the debt was £18 million, thus taking us another 2 years(one by now) to pay off the debt to this level.

As I said last night, I've not got a scooby, and I doubt whether many others do either, it's all speculation, but that's what happens when you bring business into football. everybody's an expert

I can't really understand why Johnstone and his fellow Murray acolytes think they have enough credibility to stand up in front of an audience and denounce the current regime.

Here's the thing. Even if Whyte turns out to be the worst possible owner for Rangers and leads us straight into oblivion, IT'S STILL THE OLD FECKING REGIMES FAULT! They were the ones who led us to the financial position where the bank basically dictated that the club be sold to anybody willing to give them their money. Never, ever forget this. It's all Murray's fault and any member of the old regime who isn't prepared to acknowlege that can take a flying whatever to himself as far as I'm concerned. I wouldn't trust a single word emerging from their mouths.

I don't call their Rangers credentials into account, however i would call their judgement into account about washing our dirty laundry in public and to the Scum BBC of all people.

As I said in the early hours, AJ sounded both concerned and credible to me and this reinforced the view I had of him from brief conversations in the concourse after AGM's prior to his becoming Chairman. Whatever he did or didn't do in that capacity, he told us last year that Whyte did not present credible evidence to the Independent Directors of either the source of his funds for the purchase or onging funding and it didn't sound to me as if he took any pleasure in saying "I told you so".

Whyte is turning us into a laughing stock, losing players to Hibs, offering 85 times capped internationalists £2,000/week and selling our star man at the deadline with no time and most likely no intention of reinvesting.

It's bordering on a fiasco and I predict it is only going to get worse.

As I said in the early hours, AJ sounded both concerned and credible to me and this reinforced the view I had of him from brief conversations in the concourse after AGM's prior to his becoming Chairman. Whatever he did or didn't do in that capacity, he told us last year that Whyte did not present credible evidence to the Independent Directors of either the source of his funds for the purchase or onging funding and it didn't sound to me as if he took any pleasure in saying "I told you so".

Whyte is turning us into a laughing stock, losing players to Hibs, offering 85 times capped internationalists £2,000/week and selling our star man at the deadline with no time and most likely no intention of reinvesting.

It's bordering on a fiasco and I predict it is only going to get worse.

I hear all that your saying BH and agree with most it, where we differ is why he feels the need to come out at every chance to stick the knife without saying how he would have done it different. All we get is the bank would still be there so it would be fine.

How does he think the bank would've reacted to no Euro money this year? A fire sale perhaps in the transfer window just ended.

How would he have dealt with the tax issue? It's not our problem it's Murrays stick our heads in the sand.

How did the small tax case get by you? Ah well I well oh wait it's not my fault.

Murray turned us into a laughing stock, Whyte is just doing a pish job of turning things around. I've said before for every year of mismanagement it can takes years to fix, going on that scale I will have a lot more grey hair and probably sitting in my own pish in some carehome before we are great again.

I hear all that your saying BH and agree with most it, where we differ is why he feels the need to come out at every chance to stick the knife without saying how he would have done it different. All we get is the bank would still be there so it would be fine.

How does he think the bank would've reacted to no Euro money this year? A fire sale perhaps in the transfer window just ended.

How would he have dealt with the tax issue? It's not our problem it's Murrays stick our heads in the sand.

How did the small tax case get by you? Ah well I well oh wait it's not my fault.

Murray turned us into a laughing stock, Whyte is just doing a pish job of turning things around. I've said before for every year of mismanagement it can takes years to fix, going on that scale I will have a lot more grey hair and probably sitting in my own pish in some carehome before we are great again.

You mean you are not like that already.:flipa::D