Ally McCoist: I wonâ??t quit on Rangers

ALLY McCOIST today declared that he will tough it out at Rangers â?? and insisted that heâ??s no quitter.

The Ibrox boss was responding to speculation that he was preparing to walk away from his post after the sale of Nikica Jelavic to Everton on the final day of the transfer window and the subsequent lack of investment in his squad.

Bookmakers Paddy Power yesterday raked in so much money from punters betting on McCoist going that they eventually suspended all bets on him â?? much to the mirth of the Rangers manager.

â??You know me and you know that Iâ??m no quitter,â? said McCoist. â??Certainly, itâ??s not a bed of roses right now but I never thought it would be and Iâ??m going nowhere.

"I didnâ??t know they had suspended betting on my job because I didnâ??t know anyone was betting on it â?? but I bet thereâ??s a bookmaker smiling."

And controversial chairman Craig Whyte also insisted that his manager is going nowhere.

"I know there were all theses rumours about Ally quitting but I am 100% behind him," he said.

"I feel our relationship is solid. Ally understood that if we had to offer the £4million Norwich wanted for Grant Holt on deadline night the deal simply wouldnâ??t make sense.

"We decided to hold off and sort out the off-the-field issues, try to get to a position where we can bring in really good players this summer."

And Whyte has also insisted that he remains the secured creditor of the club. It has been claimed that Whyte used fansâ?? season ticket money to finance the new regime, and former chairman Alastair Johnston suggested this week that Ticketusâ?? parent company, Octopus, was the sole creditor of the club.

It is an accusation vehemently denied by Whyte.

"Octopus are not the secured creditor of Rangers," he said. "I am. Thatâ??s the sort of thing that is easy to check out but no-one even bothered."

Ticketus were used by the previous Ibrox regime, but generally for short-term loans of four to five months.

Whyte, though, claims that he inherited a £7m bill with the London-based firm as soon as he stepped into his position at Rangers.

"I spoke to Ticketus because I knew it was a liability coming up after the takeover," he said. "A ballpark figure for that would be £7m so I spoke to them and we decided we would roll over the facility."

The Rangers Supporters Trust yesterday launched a fresh call for an AGM, something that the chairman has said cannot be done until the outstanding tax case is sorted out.

"We canâ??t have an AGM until the accounts are signed off," he said. "We canâ??t get the accounts signed off until we have more clarity on the tax case. Itâ??s chicken and egg.

"I still think we will have it before the end of March."

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/ally-mccoist-i-won-t-quit-on-rangers-1.1146206

ALLY McCOIST will not have Kyle Lafferty available for the foreseeable future – despite hopes of an imminent return.

It was speculated that Rangers striker Lafferty, who is out of action with a hamstring strain, would be back for the William Hill Scottish Cup clash with Dundee United at Ibrox on Sunday.

He was pictured at training at Murray Park last week and was said to be progressing well in his recovery from the injury he picked up against Motherwell on January 2.

McCoist, left, has a serious striker shortage at the moment with Lafferty and reserve striker Kane Hemmings out, Steven Naismith sidelined for the rest of the campaign, and top scorer Nikica Jelavic now an Everton player. David Healy is currently the only fit striker at the club.

Lafferty returning would have been a huge boost to the Gers gaffer in such an important match after another turbulent week.

However, the 24-year-old will not be fit to face either United or Dunfermline in the SPL at East End Park on Saturday week.

McCoist said: “The United game will come too soon for Kyle as should the next one. It will probably be another two or three weeks before he can be considered.”

The boss could also soon be missing another three first-team members – Carlos Bocanegra, Maurice Edu and Dorin Goian – who are all just one booking away from a one-match league ban.

Lafferty will also be just one booking away from a one-game suspension when he returns to action.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/manager-cannot-count-on-kyle-lafferty-1.1146204

There's absolutely no reason for Ally to go, although I would dispute CW's claim that he's 100% behind Ally.

The malarkying about during the transfer window would be my reason for questioning CW's level of support to the manager.

Guest Cooper11
There's absolutely no reason for Ally to go, although I would dispute CW's claim that he's 100% behind Ally.

The malarkying about during the transfer window would be my reason for questioning CW's level of support to the manager.

Why did he leave Jela to on the last of the T/W giving Ally no chance of getti a replacement when we all new he wanted away at the start of yhe TW.

i don't think CW has the money he has claimed he had prior to buying the club, for £1. I don't know if he's too concerned about the outcome of the tax case, but I do know he's making no investment in the club, as he promised he would.

He was aware of most of the big problems we had and now we seem to be getting a million here, 1/2 million there being the reason we're in the shit.

I feel CW's previous business successes have been on sorting companies in trouble out. Some of that involved closing the business in question. Although I don't expect an asset stripping of Rangers by a self-declaired Rangers fan, I'm at a loss to see what's coming next.