Ally McCoist needs to give team talk of his life

septic might not see the point of a Rangers team, but I'm sure the rest of the SPL will feel the pain, as well as there not being any reason for a decent, of half decent TV contract.

The way i see it and hopefully Ally does too, is that this is an incredible opportunity for the players to become LEGENDS. His talk pre-match IS massive and i'm sure he's touched on it during training through the week. But THIS is the time the players really need to see a leader. Forget all the stuff surrounding the club, on the pitch is what it's about.

Hate to say it, but C***** were 3-0 down @ Killie at half time. Lennon said something to them and they've been on a roll since. Something similar is needed here.

There's no more help coming in,no more new faces. Jelavic is gone, it's up to you boys now. Roll your sleeves up and put in 110% for this club and give it everything and that will surely end up with the title.

Real chance to galvanise the squad here. We as fans i think need to lift the team,show them that we are behind them 110%

Fuck it, Jig might be playing in Midfield and may be rank rotten but we need to get behind the team because they need us more than ever. If we don't support them then we are going to tumble away quicker than you can say 'Title number 55'.

ALLY McCOIST has called on Rangers fans to continue their strong support of the club as he seeks to guide his team to more silverware.

The Ibrox boss says unity and belief will be key factors in determining whether his team ends the season with trophies.

McCoist admits he was disappointed to lose top scorer Nikica Jelavic, but reiterated his belief that he has a strong enough squad to challenge for the double.

He said: "I feel I have to be very positive and that's what I will be.

"The most important thing is that our players and our squad still believe that we can go on to retain the title and win the Scottish Cup.

"We believe we can do that but we really need the continued support of our fans.

"Our fans, especially that mad squad down in the Broomloan stand:rfcbouncy:, are fantastic. Our away fans have been sensational too and we need their continued support.

"That's vital for us to have any success on the park, which we still believe we can do."

That bid for further success continues this Sunday when McCoist's pits his side against Dundee United in the fifth round of the Scottish Cup.

But despite a string of injuries still affecting his squad, McCoist insists he will not allow a negative mood to affect training or games.

He added: "What we need now is unity, from the players, the fans and everyone around the club.

"We don't need doom and gloom and everybody walking around the place with their faces tripping them.

"We have to be positive and believe and get everyone together. We all have to head in the one direction and that is forward.

"That's the way I see it and as manager of the club that is what I will be doing."

McCoist will again be without the services of a number of first team stars with Steven Naismith, Kyle Lafferty, Kirk Broadfoot, Jamie Ness, Steven Whittaker and Kane Hemmings all still ruled out.

However McCoist is hopeful that at least some of those will return in the near future.

He said: "I'm loathed to put a timescale on it but I'd hope Lafferty and Whittaker would be two to three weeks away at the maximum."