Only Show in Town - New blog

Yeah, that's a reasonable commentary mate. I think we all have our doubts but we have no alternative than to (constructively) criticise and hope that Whyte is the man for the job. As it stands it is impossible to judge him either way.

What I will say though (for the sake of being positive) is that if Whyte does come through this period with the club no worse off than it currently is, he'll deserve some praise going forward as the attention upon him must be very difficult to deal with on a day-to-day basis.

I reflect the others feelings on here. I want Whyte to succed, but it's getting increasingly difficult to believe that will happen.

I honestly don't know whats going on and I'm not one to follow anyone on blind faith alone, so I find myself very worried as to what the future will bring.

I don't think anyone would advocate trusting him unconditionally but the BBC stuff last night is just another example of the media trying to smear him without producing any actual facts. They are just bombarding him with so much negative publicity that some of it is going to stick and make people mistrust him more than perhaps his actions merit.

The bottom line is that very few people know Whyte's exact plans but that is mainly down to the HMRC case in my view. The time to judge him will be when the outcome of that is apparent and unless the BBC and others produce evidence to go with their innuendo then that is the line I will be sticking to.

I don't think anyone would advocate trusting him unconditionally but the BBC stuff last night is just another example of the media trying to smear him without producing any actual facts. They are just bombarding him with so much negative publicity that some of it is going to stick and make people mistrust him more than perhaps his actions merit.

The bottom line is that very few people know Whyte's exact plans but that is mainly down to the HMRC case in my view. The time to judge him will be when the outcome of that is apparent and unless the BBC and others produce evidence to go with their innuendo then that is the line I will be sticking to.

I think we will see the issue more clearly after the tax case but, if we're honest, Whyte's performance so far has not been great in any case.

However, he himself has alluded to his inexperience and there have been some positives so, like you, I'm prepared to defer judgement for a while yet.

It seems to me that Whyte is using tactics that probably work when you're doing all your business in relative privacy and also when the folding of one private company out of many is no big deal and sometimes advantageous.

Whyte seems like a fish out of water when it comes to a massively public arena like that of football and the two huge fish in the goldfish bowl of Scotland in particular. His tactics are just making him either look stupid or like he thinks we're stupid.

He seems a very private person and businessman which means he can't cope with the scrutiny he is getting and will receive at every step of his Rangers journey.

Fair enough blog, but one thing which irks me to this day about Whyte is a point I have raised and no one has been able to answer it.

Why is it, when this 'serious businessman' comes under attack from the press, not one past colleague or business associate defends him? There have been plenty of attacks - Record, BBC, etc, but not one single vote of support - not a solitary voice giving his business past a defence of some sort.

Fair enough blog, but one thing which irks me to this day about Whyte is a point I have raised and no one has been able to answer it.

Why is it, when this 'serious businessman' comes under attack from the press, not one past colleague or business associate defends him? There have been plenty of attacks - Record, BBC, etc, but not one single vote of support - not a solitary voice giving his business past a defence of some sort.

I agree to a point, you could say they are too "frightened" too incase they too come under attack from the Mhedia and the Bheasts from the east.