Rangers owner Craig Whyte may have lied in court case

Whyte may have been complicit in any bad feeling towards him but there is NO excuse for a corporation which lives off taxpayers money to firstly not be of an exceptionally high standard of reporting and integrity and secondly to use said money and position in society for vindictive muck raking against someone they don't like.

When the likes of the BBC are allowed to get petty, they should be disbanded and consigned to history. At least with ITV you can choose not to fund them by not watching them or buying the advertised products. The BBC is becoming an anachronistic dinosaur which is serving no positive purpose to the public and is now the egotistical plaything of malicious employees. It is basically demonstrating the reasons why it should not exist - or at least why there should be a licence opt out. When you have a privileged position, you should be protecting it with the utmost integrity and professionalism.

If the BBC continue down this pathetic path then at worst they should be made into an ad-free, subscription channel. I for one would choose not to subscribe.

You're spot on with everything you say, but for the BBC to ignore the slashing of a Celtic fan by another Celtic fan and instead lead with this conjecture of a headline story does suggest there are people in Pacific Quay who wield the power and hate Rangers. They appear to be controlling this anti-Whyte campaign and it's tiresome.

You CANNOT make a story when you don't even know the facts. 'May' have lied? That's their story? Not 'DID LIE' - just 'may'. Not good enough for a supposed serious broadcaster.

I don't buy the media bias conspiracy in general, but this is pretty obvious even to me by the BBC.

Danny's got the conspiracy bug! Next thing you know he'll be protesting outside the BBC with one of these:

father_ted_down_with_this_sort_of_t.jpg

The only thing I can see that he brought on himself was being so stupid as to buy Rangers in a country full of Rangers haters. If he went f#*k this for a game of dominos I'm off and really left us whistling in the wind I wouldn't blame.

I hope he doesn't because that's just what all those Rangers haters want.

Don't worry, he's not going anywhere until he makes his money.

Whyte may have been complicit in any bad feeling towards him but there is NO excuse for a corporation which lives off taxpayers money to firstly not be of an exceptionally high standard of reporting and integrity and secondly to use said money and position in society for vindictive muck raking against someone they don't like.

When the likes of the BBC are allowed to get petty, they should be disbanded and consigned to history. At least with ITV you can choose not to fund them by not watching them or buying the advertised products. The BBC is becoming an anachronistic dinosaur which is serving no positive purpose to the public and is now the egotistical plaything of malicious employees. It is basically demonstrating the reasons why it should not exist - or at least why there should be a licence opt out. When you have a privileged position, you should be protecting it with the utmost integrity and professionalism.

If the BBC continue down this pathetic path then at worst they should be made into an ad-free, subscription channel. I for one would choose not to subscribe.

The BBC has changed out of all recognition, no arguement there.

Danny's got the conspiracy bug! Next thing you know he'll be protesting outside the BBC with one of these:

Ha! tbh you take a bit of the credit for making some very valid points on Twitter last night. When RS led with the story I was starting to get a little irritated by it, and could only describe it as turning into a bit of an obsession. Then you tweeted about how they ignored the Celtic fan slashing another and I really couldn't argue with that point.

That said, did STV news have the latter story?

The BBC has changed out of all recognition, no arguement there.

It used to be very reliable. Nowdays, aside the obvious issues inside the Scottish portion, the rest of the network has deteriorated into a tabloid channel.

Oh, and I fucking HATE Nick Robinson. How the BBC can have that idiot as their political editor is beyond me, while James Landale, who's infinitely better, is merely the deputy. Just one of the many reasons to dislike the Beeb these days.

I know exactly what you're saying mate and firmly believe that you're wrong. I don't know how you can pick a couple of recent items out of a campaign that has been going on for yearsand suggest that it's another agenda.

The government have other problems anyway and I can't see that that they'd be that concerned about a poxy £49m. There's 100s of the other tax cases that are a hundred times bigger than ours and why would they go out of their way to attack only the owner of Rangers?

I probably didn't express my thoughts clearly enough mate because I'm not suggesting that there's necessarily a coordinated agenda coming down from the government as a policy. Having said that.... I do think we should consider the number of C****c-supporting anti-Rangers politicians north and south of the border because their numbers are not small. When you combine that fact with the fact that there's a considerable anti-Rangers element working at the BBC and no doubt within HMRC too, then it seems to my mind that some people within the BBC are very likely to be colluding with let's just say others outside the BBC. None of that is a stretch of the imagination at all. People at BBC Scotland have managed to get their hands on a transcript from Whyte's court session where he was banned as a director. How did they get their grubby hands on it? Contacts, collusion, conspiring?

What I'm suggesting is that not only is there the long standing anti-Rangers agenda at play from certain people within the BBC, but that by not cooperating with them since CW withdrew our cooperation, others within the organisation, people who previously had no gripe with our club are also now getting dragged into it north AND south of the border. CW cannot win a battle with the BBC, so there's no point in going to war with them and making the situation worse than it already was. That is the bottom line for me and I know it won't be popular with most of you guys or other fans if I suggested it elsewhere, but I genuinely believe that making peace with the BBC would be a prudent, wise move in our current situation. It might not help at all, but it certainly wouldn't make matters worse if thought out/planned properly and done in the right manner.

CW cannot win a battle with the BBC, so there's no point in going to war with them and making the situation worse than it already was. That is the bottom line for me and I know it won't be popular with most of you guys or other fans if I suggested it elsewhere, but I genuinely believe that making peace with the BBC would be a prudent, wise move in our current situation. It might not help at all, but it certainly wouldn't make matters worse if thought out/planned properly and done in the right manner.

It's popular with me.

Zappa, it probably wouldn't make any difference, and Whyte's position with the support is such that I don't think he could get away with it anyway. At least this way we are making the point. It's just a shame that it's over a CW issue rather than a Rangers issue, but then again nothing has changed in that respect.

Zappa, it probably wouldn't make any difference, and Whyte's position with the support is such that I don't think he could get away with it anyway.

That's why I said it wouldn't be a popular suggestion because a large number of fans are pleased that Whyte is going to war with the beeb. Personally, I think it's not only futile, but dangerous.

At least this way we are making the point. It's just a shame that it's over a CW issue rather than a Rangers issue, but then again nothing has changed in that respect.

It's not worth risking damaging the club for the sake of making a point though. That's called cutting your nose off to spite your face.