Fabio Capello resignation

Who'd have thought it? An Italian leaving a sinking ship!

This stinks of an agenda to get Redknapp the job after he was cleared of the tax issues. If the FA didnt want Capello to lead them to the Euro's they had to wait until Redknapps tax case was over but still act ASAP to give him the time he needs to prepare.

Why was Suarez / Evra case held straight away but Ferdinand / Terry case deferred until July? Capello should have been involved in the FA meeting when they made the decision to drop Terry as captain. Those issues are a bit fishy for me.

Footballing wise its still the best decision for England, Harry will bring the 'club team' atmosphere to the England set up and players will want to play for him more. He has always been a bit spoilt and wanted his own way and needed silly amounts of cash at the clubs he has been, now he doesnt need the cheque book because he can pick anyone he wants for the squad, its a dream job for Redknapp. I can see Jamie Redknapp being involved also.

I never thought Capello was the right man for England, it was a bad appointment like Sven and McClaren all round, but I do think he has been bit unfairly treated here.

Worst thing is under Harry I think England have a genuine chance at the Euro's now and its the first time since Venebles that they will be in with a real shout. Its also the first time since Venebles that they will have the right man in charge....thats if he gets it.

Hope Stuart Pearce isnt involved, whilst I dont mind Harry I cant stand Pearce, absolute wank of a guy.

Edited by Gribz