Alistair Johnston to begin insolvency case against Rangers

â?? I have had numerous approaches following the recent revelations in the press about the acquisition of Rangers Football Club and the use of future season ticket money. I am not in a position to answer all the questions put to me, but I do recognise the issue is causing much concern. I believe this is a prevalent view amongst Rangers stakeholders who are now demanding full transparency about the funding of the acquisition of the Club, its current financial status, and most importantly, the way forward.

In order to allow all of the options potentially available to stabilize the Club be explored, there must be total disclosure of all the underlying obstacles that need to be surmounted in order to achieve this. Therefore, in my capacity as the Chairman of the Club during the period when it has been alleged that certain financial arrangements of concern were executed by the buyer, I have formally requested that the Intelligence & Enforcement Directorate investigate and clarify this matter once and for all which is surely in the interests of all concerned.�

Alastair J. Johnston

Former Chairman, Rangers Football Club

I'm sure the guys intentions are in the right place but I am just not sure what he will actually achieve. If he had concerns about the legality of the takeover, which I presume is the intention in seeking the "Intelligence and Enforcement Directorate" carrying out an investigation. If he has proof, lets hear it. Otherwise, please let Whyte get on with managing the club and dealing with the outcome of the tax case.

At first it all seems like envy, then as it continues things start to become really fucking serious. Will administration be the tipping point and do folk think that admin is coming even if we win the case just so HMRC cannot appeal?