Rangers now in administration

Rangers have lodged an intention to go into administration with the Court of Session.

The Ibrox club lodged the notice in Edinburgh at Monday lunchtime.

They now have ten days in which to declare administrators have taken over the running of the club.

It is understood the papers are the first step in any formal administration process. It allows the club to speak to creditors to see if they reach an agreement without appointing administrators to take over the running of the club.

Rangers FC are currently awaiting the result of a £49m tax case with HM Revenue and Customs in relation to the club's use of the Employee Benefits Trust to pay players and staff.

The Court of Session confirmed to STV that papers signalling the intention to appoint administrators had been received from the club's solicitors acting on behalf of their directors.

I'm truly, utterly and totally shocked beyond words. I just watched part 3 of the Walter Smith documentary and then get a text saying administration. I don't know whether to fear for the club's future or not.

Whyte or no Whyte I think this has been on the cards for a while now and we've only been kidding ourselves to think otherwise. When he said there's still a 10 million shortfall in our running costs compared with income, after all the years of down-sizing, that was it for me.

Thank you very much Sir David Murray and all those who presided over the mess which has brought our club to its knees.

The only thing that is worse about this news is the hundreds of poor misguided folk out there that haven't the first idea what Administration is.....I for one am pretty calm about it. This may be the first step to Rangers becoming a successful functioning football club again.

The only thing that is worse about this news is the hundreds of poor misguided folk out there that haven't the first idea what Administration is.....I for one am pretty calm about it. This may be the first step to Rangers becoming a successful functioning football club again.

I hope your bloody correct :(

Then by Christ Juan, cheer me up because I am devastated.

It's beyond doubt that Whyte is an out and out liar.

It's looked that way to me more and more as each week and month has passed and now we won't be seeing the promised accounts getting published either by the looks of it. :whistle: