Rangers now in administration

For anyone who still thinks there's a chance that we won't be going into administration very soon, then I suggest you watch the new Whyte interview that's on the Rangers site..... http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2609923

Don't think any of us think we won't Zappa. All we can hope is we come out the other side in good shape, now that's it coming to a head I don't think Whyte had any chance of stopping it Murray left us with a death sentence.

I don't doubt he said it. I'm just doubting the veracity of what he said.

What will he have claimed in the papers submitted to the court then ? He couldn't have included the big tax since that hasn't actually crystallised, so what debt could he have included?

Sorry if I'm going off topic a bit but does anyone have any update on the Dave King situation? This guy has enough personal wealth to run Rangers several times over if reports are to be be believed so surely now is the time we need him? Of course he was in dispute with the SA tax people - anyone know the current situation? If he's been kicked out is that because Whyte thinks he's damaged goods?

When I think how many times we were told on this forum that we had to get rid of SDM; Maineflyer in particular didn't care who we got to replace him. Well now we seem to have at least someone with question marks over him. I heard that Alistair Johnsotn claims SDM has a buy back option.

I ask in all sincerity - would that be a good move for us? SDM alweays claimed that he would only sell to a person with the best interests of RFC at heart.

I'm not gonna sleep tonight.

For a long time now we have all been suggesting that football is broken financially. Personally I fully expected a massive club to go to the wall but I thought it was more likely to be Real Madrid than Rangers :( I know we havent gone to the wall yet but it is gut wrenching knowing that we appear to be a step closer to oblivion.

On a sidenote, creating a model of club membership like it is being done in Germany or Spain would help to secure the club a certain nearly fixed amount of annual income that can used to rebuilt. It works on various levels over here, be that football, ice hockey or basketball. Pending on the annual membership fee (say 100 pounds) and the initial stuff related to it (discounts on products, tickets, et al; first pick for special tickets not included in season tickets, brick at Ibrox, you name it; shares), it might raise quite some money. If ever there was a chance to start it, it would be now. But that needs to be done by a institution the fans adore, maybe headed/fronted by people like Laudrup, Albertz, Novo and Co.. Will we get 40k people? Maybe not. But perhaps a few who are willing to buy more than one membership and thus getting access to more share or the like?

Edited by der Berliner