£62.4m in 9 months

If SDM came back and saved us, frankly there's not a fan who would complain.

We're on the brink here, and we could use a white knight in shining armour. I almost don't care that he was a major proponent of the mess we're in, I just want out of it.

How could he do it, even if he wanted to? MIH don't have the funds to do it and LTSB aren't going to fund it.

For me it doesn't make any sense why Whyte would be doing so many things just to mess up Rangers, the game is afoot and he must have a game plan he is following?

Basically it looks to me like we have lost the tax case to huge liabiliteis or HRMC are so desperate to make an example that they will pursue us like Terminator which makes it as makes no difference if we have won it in some way. That seems time to pull out our only trump card - the worse case scenario in order to avoid liquidation.

The more this goes on, the more it seems like HRMC WANT to liquidate us to make us a huge example which will shake the foundations of the sport and make all other clubs sit up and take notice and stop playing loose and fast with the tax laws.

In that scenario this is our only defence and Whyte's nefarious looking actions could be marshalling the defences for this eventuality.

There may be some on here that may see this as wishful thinking or head buried in the sand but to me it is far more realistic than many of what the pessimists are spouting which makes NO rational sense whatsoever. If they are right, I very much doubt they have a clue as to why - more than it being a hunch as there is so much negative stuff going on.

People are seeing smoke and assuming it's fire but the rationale behind the cause of that is akin to someone burning down their business right in front of the police and insurance inspectors. It doesn't make sense except if he's a mad man.

I cannot believe for a second that there is no method in the perceived madness of Whyte's actions over the last nine months - while his intentions towards Rangers may not turn out to be the most honourable, there seems no advantage for him for us to come out badly in this situation - for which the club should benefit.

The point is that even if he is acting purely selfishly, I can't see how he would get away with siphoning tens of millions out of the club while it goes to the wall.

Either way, he seems he must have a cunning plan or a cunning stunt, and so I would not presume that he is lacking in great deal of craftiness.

Edited by calscot