HMRC moves to put Rangers into administration

Whyte has started the ball rolling but there's no guarantee that we would go into administration. It's still just an option. his seems to be HMRC taking away that option.

It appears that they feel that CW is f***ing them around and this is their response. HMRC have been mean buggers for a number of years.

I have read and re-read the minutes of all the various fans groups meetings with Craig Whyte. There is a common denominator in that he is quoted as, 'having a plan'. Further, he reproduces a line about Administration not being Plan A, Plan B, or Plan C.

Here's the thing about plans, they do NOT survive the first point of contact. You require a hundred actions on ie action on this happening as a result of ...... cause and effect. The key aspect of a successful plan is knowing all the actions on to both maintain and sustain the initiative.

I hope I am wrong, sincerely hope; but Craig Whyte does not appear to be a constantly on the front foot player.

Whyte has started the ball rolling but there's no guarantee that we would go into administration. It's still just an option. This seems to be HMRC taking away that option.

It appears that they feel that CW is f***ing them around and this is their response. HMRC have been mean buggers for a number of years.

Can you confirm if HMRC's actions today have nothing to do with "the big tax case" but rather other matters?

Well if the "big tax case" hasn't been finalised, can HMRC ask for administration? I mean, that bill is in dispute, and therefore not due until they declare it? I don't know, but this seems like a big game of chicken, and I hope Whyte has done everything legally and protected all that needs protecting and this plays out in a way that will have all this nonsense finished with before the start of next season (barring the inevitable recovery period on the field)

Can you confirm if HMRC's actions today have nothing to do with "the big tax case" but rather other matters?

Don't know, mate. There's certainly been a suggestion that it's something to do with the takeover and the related raising of cash which may not have been completely kosher, but perhaps things will become clearer over the next couple of hours after HMRC make their case.

This is a crucial decision....our own Administrators (Duff and Phelps) will presumably have worked with CW before and therefore would be as pro-Whyte as they could be however if HMRC appoint administrators they will be less concerned with the secured creditor and more concerned with squeezing as much cash/assets out as possible for HMRC.

The question I am struggling with here is who is the villain in this piece? Many are painting Whyte as such but any crimes he has committed have not yet been revealed but then surely administration will lift the veil on any wrong doing on his part? So how can it be part of his strategy unless his "crimes" are on the edge of legal and structured in a clever way to protect his and the club's assets and allow him to remain with the upper hand in the conflict?

To me HMRC, although with initial justification, have become the villains in the ruthless and almost vengeful way they have been less than even handed in pursuing our club for a what in hindsight seems an almost accidental misdemeanour in full view of our current pursuers at the time, in the mistaken belief that a legitimate loophole was available.

They say one should have a "duty" towards one's lord but in return the lord should show "affection" in return, but the balance is well askew in this case.

To me it is yet to unfold if Whyte is a profiteering antagonist or the very wily but morally flawed protagonist cum hero in this play. It seems clear that HRMC are the black wraiths sent to cause an impending doom with no respite nor quarter.

Douglas Fraser@BBCDouglsFraserReply

Retweet

Favorite

· Open

I'm told this is not just about the back tax to 2001. It's more to do with unpaid tax since last May when Craig Whyte took over

Perhaps Whyte's comments about £75m and the fact that a debt to HMRC crystalises even if we win the case were very revealing.