Non-payment of £9m VAT and PAYE

This is sounding very dodgy to me. Seems like there is a lot of dosh that's disappeared into a black hole.

Firstly, if this correct, no matter where it's gone, is this legal?

Secondly, is it ring fenced for the Club, or has it gone whoosh offshore?

Seems to stress more than ever the need to see some accounts for the period prior to and since the takeover. Do the administrators have a duty to provide this, and is there any point in chasing this up?

One positive is that I can't conceive of the administrators being party to any illegality. Are these guys in the business of meeting with fans groups to discuss matters of mutual interest? Perhaps they need to keep us on board?

Lots of questions - sorry I don't have answers.

I was hoping to listen to the football tonight on the radio and was going relax hearing football people talking about football. Instead, I've got all sorts talking about financial law, speculating on this, or that, without much real knowledge of what they're talking about.

It's pretty much the same of the forums.

Time to do something I want to do instead of listening to all this rubbish.

Rangers will come out of admin, then we'll get a better idea of what state we're in and how long it should take to return to our former glaories.

Enjoy your night folks.

I suspect that given administration was the intent all along that he felt some of the above lies were necessary evils. But from what we are seeing he is no better than his predecessor.

Craig, surely that can only be stated when the intent is eventually revealed. This part of the turnaround isn't about compliance or convention but about achieving an unlikely victory for CW and the club. I'd suggest that there's some way to go but CW's effectiveness is better expressed in terms of his control over a volatile and complex process. In that respect I see no reason to criticise at this stage.

Why would Craig Whyte tell everyone of his intentions ?

Why ? "Yes, hello, I'm Craig Whyte I'm going to buy the Club for a pound and take it into administration as soon as possible"

Can anyone offer up a valid and positive reason why he wasn't "economical" with the truth ?

Not only the HMRC breathing down our neck, tim bloggers, bbc tims and mhedia tim bastards all scratching for dirt as well as the last board(and they have turned out to be self serving, greedy incompetent arseholes.

What was he supposed to do ? Tell the support what he was going to do but make them promise not to tell anyone !

Look what happened yesterday. Within hours, yes hours, of an intention to apply for administration, HMRC were on the case trying to appoint for their own administrator !

Even tonight on STV news, every item about the issue was slanted against CW because of the £9m tax etc..very little about Murray's £75m "dream".

The game is off, the game is off !.said STV....and then near the end of the sport they said it was on. Either very incompetent or trying to "sexy" it up! I knew the game was on mid afternoon for fucks sake as did all who twitter.

I once lost my job and went to College. I was due mortgage payments which I simply could not pay. I knew I was going to lose my house no matter what. Should I have tried to pay whatever I had to the mortgage, leaving us with nothing for food, power etc. or should I just have waited to the inevitable bankruptcy and be able to eat etc. and have the outstanding mortgage written off ?

£9m outstanding. Pay or wait for administration to reduce the amount ?

Business is business.

So far, I think Craig Whyte has played a blinder in the face of slander, muckraking, threats, and intimidation both legal and illegal.

I for one, am quite happy where we stand.

However I will reserve overall judgement when the Fat lady gives us a song..please let it be Tina Turner.

When are we going to listen to our own advice and kick the media in to touch.

Why ? "Yes, hello, I'm Craig Whyte I'm going to buy the Club for a pound and take it into administration as soon as possible"

Can anyone offer up a valid and positive reason why he wasn't "economical" with the truth ?

Not only the HMRC breathing down our neck, tim bloggers, bbc tims and mhedia tim bastards all scratching for dirt as well as the last board(and they have turned out to be self serving, greedy incompetent arseholes.

What was he supposed to do ? Tell the support what he was going to do but make them promise not to tell anyone !

Look what happened yesterday. Within hours, yes hours, of an intention to apply for administration, HMRC were on the case trying to appoint for their own administrator !

Even tonight on STV news, every item about the issue was slanted against CW because of the £9m tax etc..very little about Murray's £75m "dream".

The game is off, the game is off !.said STV....and then near the end of the sport they said it was on. Either very incompetent or trying to "sexy" it up! I knew the game was on mid afternoon for fucks sake as did all who twitter.

I once lost my job and went to College. I was due mortgage payments which I simply could not pay. I knew I was going to lose my house no matter what. Should I have tried to pay whatever I had to the mortgage, leaving us with nothing for food, power etc. or should I just have waited to the inevitable bankruptcy and be able to eat etc. and have the outstanding mortgage written off ?

Business is business.

So far, I think Craig Whyte has played a blinder in the face of slander, muckraking, threats, and intimidation both legal and illegal.

However I will reserve overall judgement when the Fat lady gives us a song..please let it be Tina Turner.

I think you have it by the balls Biggordy. Well said.

Business is business.

as long as it's not Whitney Houston.

I was prePared to give Whyte some slack until I saw him play his hand. At least now in administration we might get some clarity. However, I am very uneasy about the non-payment of taxes that we don't, on the face of it, actually have any problem in paying. We didn't have any problems paying them pre-takeover, at least.

Then, as bluebell as set out, he has blatantly lied to us. I'm still all over the place in what I think but right now I'm leaning towards Whyte being a charlatan and that we will be better off without him.

Craig, surely that can only be stated when the intent is eventually revealed. This part of the turnaround isn't about compliance or convention but about achieving an unlikely victory for CW and the club. I'd suggest that there's some way to go but CW's effectiveness is better expressed in terms of his control over a volatile and complex process. In that respect I see no reason to criticise at this stage.

Sorry I didnt respond sooner mf, I was on my blackberry and couldnt find the "reply with quote" button....

I absolutely agree - I actually said the same on another thread that I would reserve judgement until we see what happens with this administration. I could have worded it better for sure - really what I meant was that, on the face of it, he looks no better than SDM. However, there could be plausible reasons for the lies, obviously if looking at an administration event you need to keep things very, very close to your chest to ensure that somebody doesnt gazzump you and throw your plans into chaos even before you get the chance to make your first bet.

I am hoping that is why CW has been lying to the support, because, and this sounds counter-intuitive, they needed to be lied to, to keep up appearances while putting all the pieces of the puzzle in place.