Paul Murray registers interest in buying Rangers

There's actually been new reports since your thread back then that since Whyte took over we have actually received money in for players we sold prior to the takeover and it wasn't small amounts. That's something neither you or I took into account when trying to work that stuff out mate.

Which would actually mean a net INCOME since CW took over. So we have a net income on player transactions and still find ourself in this mess. I sure hope CW has a cunning masterplan to pull us through this. The alternatives dont bear thinking about.

But having net income on player transactions and still, just 10 months into his tenure, have an increase in debt of 9 million maes for depressing reading. Financial mismanagement ? Yes, the debt to LBG was paid but that is still secured to CW so hardly a true investment given we are in administration.

I am on the fence regarind CW. He cant have come in so blinded that he immediately stopped paying bills to cover the shit storm that our finances have become. If he did his financial advisors and those who carried out his due diligence need shot. If he didnt.... then is it part of his cunning masterplan ? I hope so.

Which would actually mean a net INCOME since CW took over. So we have a net income on player transactions and still find ourself in this mess. I sure hope CW has a cunning masterplan to pull us through this. The alternatives dont bear thinking about.

But having net income on player transactions and still, just 10 months into his tenure, have an increase in debt of 9 million maes for depressing reading. Financial mismanagement ? Yes, the debt to LBG was paid but that is still secured to CW so hardly a true investment given we are in administration.

I am on the fence regarind CW. He cant have come in so blinded that he immediately stopped paying bills to cover the shit storm that our finances have become. If he did his financial advisors and those who carried out his due diligence need shot. If he didnt.... then is it part of his cunning masterplan ? I hope so.

There's also the European income from last season that neither the press or CW have mentioned. As I've said before, we should have been due something like 7 to 8 million from the CL & EL tv money pots that would have been paid in June at the earliest because the tv money isn't even calculated until after the Champions League & Europa League are completed. The national shares of the tv pot are then worked out/divided and paid to the national associations (SFA in our case obviously) before coming to the clubs.

Well now is the time for all these so called multi-millionaire Rangers men to step forward. If they don't well they shouldn't darken the doors of Ibrox. Us normal punters don't have the finance to take on such a huge institution - they do. I know if I was in that situation and had say £100 million in the bank while my team was going to the wall I wouldn't be able to sleep at night.

I just don't know how anybody can be on the fence over Whyte.

He lied to us. He had the Assembly and VB in for meetings and blatently told them lies.

He has lied since he sold the ST money last April/June.

A judge in a court of law told us he was not to be trusted.

Theman is a charlatan.

Murray's 'Blue Knight' plan is as valid as anything else with club struggling so badly. However, he lacks credibility amongst many fans so will have to go a long way to prove his scheme is worth buying into.

Murray's 'Blue Knight' plan is as valid as anything else with club struggling so badly. However, he lacks credibility amongst many fans so will have to go a long way to prove his scheme is worth buying into.

Not that I disagree here, but IMHO he only has to prove it to the administrator, right?

They blamed it on SDM.

.. for installing the EBTs and thus creating the mess? That's correct then. He can't be blamed for the credit crunch and his massive losses though. There are a number of factors here and no single person is solely at fault. No matter what, once HMRC lodged their interest and went into their cash-back frenzy mode, the events of this week would have happened no matter who was at the helm.

Well now is the time for all these so called multi-millionaire Rangers men to step forward.

I honestly don't think anyone will step forward until the big tax case result is announced - there is just too much uncertainty @ the moment.

I believe more than ever that the plan is to liquidate. The resulting Phoenix company would then be debt free & no big tax thread looming. Once that has happened, I think Mr Whyte will have a line of possible buyers looking to buy the club on the cheap. The new owner will have a club with established reputation world wide, hopefully a decent first 11 team...and no debt - a VERY attractive prospect.

Not that I disagree here, but IMHO he only has to prove it to the administrator, right?

Of course but if, as expected, he wants fans to buy into his proposal then he'll need to show us why he (and his plan) can offer the club a future.