Whyte, Hero or conman-poll

Whyte saviour or conman  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Whyte saviour or conman

• Craig Whyte is the saviour of our club
    • Craig Whyte is a conman

I havent voted as I am on the fence.

One thing that sticks in my head (very little else does) is that CW said that should we win the big tax case HMRC would appeal, appeal and appeal again.

Could it be (and I could be very, very wrong here) that putting us into administration could allow us to make a settlement with HMRC which sees HMRC save face by obtaining some level of the debt from a company in administration ("Hey, we at least got SOME of the taxpayers money back rather than nothing if they had liquidated. And, look, we actually LOST the case against Rangers but we recovered tax all the same") ?

Basically could this administration allow HMRC to NOT set precedence in the EBT case by accepting some level of liability from RFC. This would suggest that they secure some level of liability for the EBT's and dont set precedence against the other companies they are chasing ? Could RFC accept liability of EBT tax, pay a diminished amount to HMRC, HMRC at liberty to continue chasing the other EBT companies whilst we reduce our tax liability, allowing BOTH sides to save face ?

I am confused :confused:

Could it be (and I could be very, very wrong here) that putting us into administration could allow us to make a settlement with HMRC which sees HMRC save face by obtaining some level of the debt from a company in administration ("Hey, we at least got SOME of the taxpayers money back rather than nothing if they had liquidated.

I've mentioned that very point days ago, but like you I could be very, very wrong, but I'm sure we are right.

Well, I find it very interesting that David Murray is hardly mentioned throughout the whole of this thread.

He must be having a right good laugh to himself as Whyte is in the frame for "destoying our Club etc"

Whyte "lied to the fans". If he has lied to us, which supporters are out of pocket, who is actually suffering due to these "lies" ?

He may be guilty of being economical with the truth, but I don't think for one moment it was to fool the fans.

To wrongfoot our creditors maybe, but not the fans.

It's like food at a supermarket. We all eat it but we don't want to know how it's killed, grown,gutted, cleaned up etc.

Whyte is doing what has to be done and some of us are kidding ourselves by claiming he's cheating, lying etc.

It is my opinion that the end will justify the means.

If you disagree will you disown the Club if it survives by Craig Whyte's means ?

He's a chancer, but he's our chancer.

Remember that side that gubbed us 4-1 at Ibrox Nov. 2009 in the CL? Unirea Urziceni.

Look what happened to them......

In 2010, the team's owner withdrew financial support and Urziceni was forced to sell most of its players to pay debts, leading to relegation at the end of the 2010-11 season'

In the summer of 2011, owner Dumitru Bucşaru didn't file for a licence for the club to play in Liga II, and decided not to enroll the team in any championship. Unirea Urziceni was subsequently dissolved.

Proves anything can happen.

Yes, interesting that as MANY as four trust him. He hasn't fulfilled one promise he made to the supporters. And now hasn't passed on to HMRC the PAYE and NI he has collected from salary deductions!! Wakey Wakey bears, the man is a crook. Do not believe a word he says!!

Yes, but the bit your missing is the question: is he a benevolent crook or a malevolent crook? It might conceivably be that a crook is thing we need best right now - if he's on our side as well as his own...

What does Craig Whyte stand to gain from taking over Rangers for his own ends? I don't quite know how he can make money out of the club - unless we come out of admin and he sells Rangers at a massive profit.