TLB - Strip Gers Of Titles

NEIL LENNON is set to demand Rangers are STRIPPED of titles won over the last decade if it's proved they won them through financial cheating.

The Celtic boss has been left staggered by the sight of his sorry rivals in administration. And he believes there should be more than just a ten-point deduction this season for their shocking cash crisis.

He said: "If you break the rules you get punished for it, regardless of whether it's Rangers or anyone else.

"We have seen in the past other clubs have been punished in the same way."

Rangers were forced into calling in administrators after HMRC demanded £9million in PAYE and VAT dating back to last summer.

That's in addition to the possible £75m bill they could be hit with as they await a ruling on a fight with HMRC over offshore Employee Benefit Trust payments made over a decade.

Lennon was a Celtic player in both the 2002-03 and 2004-05 campaigns when Gers lifted the title on the final day. The Light Blues have also been champions for the last three years.

Lennon is adamant, though, if they've effectively done so through an unfair financial advantage then they should be hammered again â?? with altered record books.

Celtic are virtually guaranteed to be champions now, with a 14-point lead and just 12 SPL games left.

Lennon, though, is a long way from celebrating â?? and he'll demand proper justice for the ailing Gers.

Juventus lost two titles from 2005 and 2006 following a betting scandal.

Lennon also looks at cyclists being denied glory for breaking the rules.

RAP ... LennyHe said: "If people want to point the finger if â?? and it's a big if â?? we win the title then I will have plenty to say about devaluing titles. Don't worry about that.

"I am angry at the way things have been dealt with there. Obviously it has been ongoing for a number of years and it has had an effect on previous run-ins and previous titles.

"Until we get to some sort of conclusion and get the answers there is no point pointing fingers.

"There was a lot of talk about it for a long, long time. But you never think that a club as big as that would go into administration. Finally, when it does come, it's like 'Wow'.

"If it has had a direct effect on me in my playing days, I will come out and say something at that time.

"As it is now, it hasn't been proved. It's not my business, not our club's business.

"But it WILL be my business if it's affected me as a player or previous managers and has denied us titles and trophies in the past.

"A journalist used the expression 'financial doping'. For me, doping is a sporting term for cheating.

"In athletics, if you are caught doping you are banned.

"Alberto Contador got stripped of his Tour de France win in 2010, so there are precedents."

Lennon feels Hoops fans would be furious if Gers cut a deal with HMRC to pay a fraction of their debts.

He said: "There would be more disquiet among the supporters.

"I think their view on it is there wasn't much help coming our way in 1994, so why should other clubs be treated differently?"

Lennon has already insisted Celts can survive without Rangers.

But he confessed: "The thing we'd all miss are the games, the derbies. I think world football would miss that because it is one of THE games.

"For me, it is the ultimate derby and has been for quite a while.

"But we're talking hypothetically here because the administrator says there is a good chance liquidation will be unlikely."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/4137970/If-Gers-are-guilty-strip-them-of-titles.html#ixzz1mghI7s5C

Hmm, does anyone know the exact details about how & why Celtic were renamed in 1994? Was it a liquidation event? If so was it due to money issues?

It'd be good to get some facts surrounding the 1994 event so we have something to cram down that stupid cunts face when he says stuff like this.

YER BRAIN IS AS ROTTEN AS YER TEETH.

Edited by Ergatrude

Marseilles never got stripped of their European Cup in 1993. TLB is clutching at straws and the world record 54 will stand regardless of his rant.

If he wants to go down the strip them of titles route then they lose their European title. But the turnip has been kinda smart as he did say that he wants us stripped of titles over the last decade during which we lived outwith our means.

Pfff. Celtic fans have been wanting us stripped of titles for years. Lennon is just playing to all the deluded tims who dream up these rediculous notions while they're committing incest and child abuse of young boys. It's high time they stopped sweeping their own moral obligations under the carpet and get their own house in order before preaching their sanctimonious shite to others. What an utterly detestable man. Imagine being stuck with that thuggish clown as your football club's manager? They must be absolutely sick when they look accross the city and see the respectable, dignified Super Ally managing Rangers.

No wonder they're all still foaming at the mouth even when we're in administration. They're fucking jelous! :flute:

:54::drum::54:

Edited by Zappa

Rangers FC should ask the SFA to investigate all their trophies they have won during the cover up of child abuse,even now they should be closed down for that despicable act. Moral high ground indeed.

I was going to add this to my statement but I thought I might get a negative reaction.

The desperados will just have to get on with it, we still exist and that sticks in their throat, why do they hate so much? - how the hell they get away with their hatred towards an opponent is beyond belief. Decent people try to palm it off with laughter and jovial responses but it's really getting beyond that.

That lot with their sad undignified pointless pettiness are rapidly becoming the laughing stock not just amongst Rangers fans, but in society as a whole.

I love it that 54 titles rattles their cages. WATP! No Surrender. :drum: