More information expected.

Guest Dutchy

If the takeover is proved to be illegal in some way, can the club just be taken from CW and sold by the administrators?

As far as I'm aware, the administrators now run the Club - not Whyte. So, I think the future of the Club is presently in their hands.

Whyte's alleged creditor status would - I think - be key to all of this. I would hope that if he has put nada of his own wonga into this, and has financed the takeover on the back of future season ticket sales, then all bets are off. Forlanssister and Bluedell are much more knowledgable than I am in these areas.

As an aside in all this a thought has been in my mind for a few days now. In these litigious times what chance the SFA are culpable in this fiasco. They after all are the organisation that control and oversee Scottish football and whatever else they've been doing they've not been overseeing Rangers well in recent seasons (or Hearts or Aberdeen or Kilmarnock or countless other cubs).

On top of that this often mentioned 'fit and proper' persons rule. It's an ambiguous rule at best but you do have to ask was it applied, if so by who and on what grounds? I ask this question not just of their diligence in the last few months but over the last decade or so. My (our) club is in Administration, I'm getting lectured about why the 'fans' didn't do more to stop this and so forth. Fair enough, but where were the authorities, why weren't they stepping in. These people are able to fine our club if we step out of line, well someone didn't do their job correctly so perhaps we should consider shining a harsh light on them sometime soon.

As an aside in all this a thought has been in my mind for a few days now. In these litigious times what chance the SFA are culpable in this fiasco. They after all are the organisation that control and oversee Scottish football and whatever else they've been doing they've not been overseeing Rangers well in recent seasons (or Hearts or Aberdeen or Kilmarnock or countless other cubs).

On top of that this often mentioned 'fit and proper' persons rule. It's an ambiguous rule at best but you do have to ask was it applied, if so by who and on what grounds? I ask this question not just of their diligence in the last few months but over the last decade or so. My (our) club is in Administration, I'm getting lectured about why the 'fans' didn't do more to stop this and so forth. Fair enough, but where were the authorities, why weren't they stepping in. These people are able to fine our club if we step out of line, well someone didn't do their job correctly so perhaps we should consider shining a harsh light on them sometime soon.

Maybe that's why we employed Gordon Smith - has he got a cupboard with resident skeletons.?

Picture the insects that scurry for cover when you lift up something in your back garden like a plant pot or plank of wood. That's what shining a light on the SFA would be like.

Just out of interest ... with all these interested parties. Given that they show interest to buy the club, what would it need for them to take over? The consent of the admins, the willingness of Whyte, and the HMRC? The latter surely wanting the tax being paid, at least the 9m owe right now?

Just out of interest ... with all these interested parties. Given that they show interest to buy the club, what would it need for them to take over? The consent of the admins, the willingness of Whyte, and the HMRC? The latter surely wanting the tax being paid, at least the 9m owe right now?

The admins have to be happy they have the means to support the club, the means to pay their creditors and also the best interests of the club and creditors. As far as I know anyway