Leggat - PAUL MURRAY: THE MAN FOR THE HOUR

I never thought of this:

What Whyte has done is to protect the future income of Rangers against any possible financial problem which may be caused if the tax case goes against the club, and Rangers are hit with a large bill.

Might be a load of bollocks but something I hadn't actually considered.

There are a variety of high-net worth fans that are always going to be linked either on their own or as part of any consortium.

Doesn't matter if it is Paul Murray, Dougie Park, Satty Singh, James Mortimer, Andy Smillie, Jim McColl or AN Other; they'll have to ensure the trust of the support via some good, old, honest transparent debate before we can 'back' any of their proposals.

PS: I've no idea if any of the above names are involved. ;)

I love Andy Smillie , just for the way he shut up 4 priests a few years ago on snyde , pure class

Andy Smillie and Billy Montgomery were in the directors' box on Saturday, presumably to fill up some of the empty spaces.

Good to see guys like that in there.

Andy Smillie and Billy Montgomery were in the directors' box on Saturday, presumably to fill up some of the empty spaces.

Good to see guys like that in there.

Now your talking , but surely to god Bain cannot be getting any consideration

I never thought of this:

What Whyte has done is to protect the future income of Rangers against any possible financial problem which may be caused if the tax case goes against the club, and Rangers are hit with a large bill.

Might be a load of bollocks but something I hadn't actually considered.

I don't see how that works. If we lose the tax case then, if the Ticketus cash is still sitting around (in either the club or Rangers Group), it will just get used to pay HMRC.

I love Andy Smillie , just for the way he shut up 4 priests a few years ago on snyde , pure class

I doubt Bain would be involved. It's just people seeing PM putting together a consortium and thinking that he may include his ex-board colleague. I can't see why Bain would want to get involved or why any consortium would want to include him. I doubt he's a got a spare million lying around to stick into the club.

I doubt Bain would be involved. It's just people seeing PM putting together a consortium and thinking that he may include his ex-board colleague. I can't see why Bain would want to get involved or why any consortium would want to include him. I doubt he's a got a spare million lying around to stick into the club.

Maybe the former catalogue model for pyjamas has once again aped his master's latest wheeze? ie Sold off his wine from the bijou vineyard in the lea of Sir David's.