Craig Whyte Admits

That he used money of his own to run the club, maybe?

He has not. The numbers don't stack up to suggest that he has.

Now that you gave it to me with both barrells again, think about your reply above, me recent reply and ask the simple question of "so what"? Give me those problems you envisage and lets talk about them, rather than calling me dumb or the like.

BTW, did I defend Whyte in my reply above? "Whyte can't do wrong"? What's that? So far, the only ones who can't stop with unkind accusations are of the ... now well established anti-Whyte faction. I try to keep my mind open and hear what all people concerned have to say here. Let's keep it civil, please.

The problems have been repeated many times, but I'll state them again.

1. There's the issue that he used our money to finance his purchase of the shares. That's theft (whether it's technically legal or illegal).

2. The club was promised £33m from him and it appears that he has not put in a single penny of it.

3. There's the issue that our £10m shortfall each year has suddenly become an £18m shortfall because he has decided to misappropriate our club's income for his own benefit.

Your "so what" comment was very dismissive of these points, which as I said have been stated numerous times on numerous threads, although if I read you correctly you are saying that you didn't mean it in that way? Either way, if anything I said was uncalled for or uncivil then I apologise.

As I said before Calscot the mans a bastard just how big a bastard he is we will soon find out.
I keep going back to the time when takeover negotiations were going on. Most of us wanted rid of SDM at any cost and I remember how he kept saying that he would only sell to someone who had the best interests of RFC at heart. Was Murray really that stupid to be conned in that way, despite Paul Murray and AJ urging caution? Many posters on here dismissed these misgivings on the grounds that they were just bitter ex-directors. And CW still was evasive about income sourcing. But now they seem to be proved right. Just can't get my head around the fact that SDM was that stupid. Edited by alexscottislegend
omissions

Absolutely no shame at all......

I didnt realise he had done this :

On Wednesday it emerged that Rangers, under Whyte, had sold shares gifted to them by Arsenal in the 1930s for around £230,000.

From Sporting Life

Absolutely no shame at all......

I didnt realise he had done this :

On Wednesday it emerged that Rangers, under Whyte, had sold shares gifted to them by Arsenal in the 1930s for around £230,000.

From Sporting Life

Yeah and the fact the money didn't go into the club either.

hahaha.... that's the funniest thing I've read in ages! :clap:

Thanks for cheering me up dB. :seal:

Well, it was only half in jest, of course.

As I and others have said, there is a lot of stuff not matching up, so I am careful in accepting the various numbers thrown about in the media. Within this last week we came to know where the Ticketus money went. We also signed and extended contracts for what, 14 players. The running costs had to be met - with or without VAT. Some, but not all of the money from the CL of last season might have been used, but wouldn't they show up in the last accounts of 2011? I'm just asking questions here. And there still is the case about the HMRC bills, one frozen in our accounts, the other looming large. Would it have been sensible ... if you aim to clear the club of the HMRC stuff via admin in one way or another ... to keep all this money in the Rangers accounts and not "save" from the taxman in someone else's accounts? Same with the Ticketus money. By using this and not his own money to clear the debt, wouldn't he ensure that there is somewhat more pressure on HMRC to keep the club running and "safer" from liquidation, as another company and thousands of people get involved? Cynical as it seems. Again, just asking questions, not taking Whyte's side.

Shameless behaviour with regard to the Arsenal shares, btw.

Edited by der Berliner