Save Rangers

On their facebook page , they state after filtering out some of the idiots , the pledges stand at £4.1 million from 4660 people , I would argue that that is a very high percentage and that the true figure if needed would be much lower , even though I Initially pledged I can afford it , there will be a percentage who definetly cannot

Saw a stupid tweet claiming 7k signups today alone. I also want to know why the minimum hypothetical pledge is as high as 500 quid.

It isnt, there is an option to enter your own amount - I THINK that will let you enter a lower number

PS I think the suggested amount has to be substantial or it will never take off the ground. If it was a tenner then we'd need about 2 million subscribers instead of 40k at £500.

I think Celtic had 12k subscribers and raised £9M.

I believe Fergus McCann's share issue had a minimum of £650 and that was in 1994...

You are correct or as near correct as makes non difference. Celtic raised £14M and created 15,000 new shareholders as follows.

Cost £620 £1240 - £2480 £3100 & above

Level Supporter Membership Investor Club

In Celticâ??s case, over 80% of those who subscribed did so at the â??entry-levelâ?? value of £620. This also indicates that 80% of the people raised only around half of the realized amount â?? the remaining 20% of shareholders raising the other half.

Rangers already have approx. 15,000 shareholders.

When I was Secretary of RST in 2010 we looked at this in great detail and came up with a minimum figure of £600 which we thought was realistic at that time. The plan was to raise the £30M thought neceassary to buy the Club by getting 20,000 people to pay £1,500 in total (£600 up front and £15 per month) over 5 years with the up front total required to make the purchase underwritten by the client of a large firm of solicitors. Of course there are number of ways to vary these figures.

I am sorry that I don't have time at the moment to go into more detail but hope that helps.

The plan was to raise the £30M thought neceassary to buy the Club by getting 20,000 people to pay £1,500 in total (£600 up front and £15 per month) over 5 years with the up front total required to make the purchase underwritten by the client of a large firm of solicitors. Of course there are number of ways to vary these figures.

This I would sign up for, gladly.

On their facebook page , they state after filtering out some of the idiots , the pledges stand at £4.1 million from 4660 people , I would argue that that is a very high percentage and that the true figure if needed would be much lower , even though I Initially pledged I can afford it , there will be a percentage who definetly cannot

That's an average of £869.

It's not totally out of the box rbr. The research RST did in 2010 suggested most people would pay £500-£1000 and quite a few said they would pay significantly more.

But I do agree with you that pledges are one thing; collecting them is quite another.

I was interested in this statement on the saverangers site "Club profits should be reinvested, not paid out as dividends." When was the last time we paid a dividend? Certainly not in the 30 years I have been a shareholder.

Edited by BrahimHemdani