Dismayed by some of my fellow "fans".

As i have said i'm not religious so it will never bother me either way. The thing that annoys me is we seem to have a huge section of our support obsessed with celtic, what i mean is on most forums it's all they talk about and sing about at games. Somebody mentioned the underclass and tbh i dont like the term but it's true. These group of fans seem to think the way to show your support for Rangers is by hateing celtic.

I agree with you it seems some people hate Celtic more than they love Rangers.

As an aside i don't adore the royal family but i do have a litte time for them. Sometimes seeing our pomp gives a wee bit of pride at being British.

Once the Queen stops they can close it down for me. God bless her but the rest are idiots. Well William isn't too bad.

I agree with you it seems some people hate Celtic more than they love Rangers.

Tbh it's not on this, i still look on FF and RM and tbh some of the stuff is a joke, these we all know what there like and dont like them but some of our support think it's the only was to show your support for Rangers by hateing them. I think it is just the start of a huge change in morals and it will get worst on both sides in years to come.

Not wanting to start a fight but this thread is getting as bad as the threads you seem to be having a go at, everybody is different and come from different backgrounds. It's seems that a certain section of the Rangers support are getting it because they stand for something and aren't frightened to let people know about. I also know many Lodge members who are elders or active members of their Kirk.

For them to be castigated for it makes one side as bad as the other and while we have this debate any timmy lurkers are having a right good laugh again at our expense.

As i have said i'm not religious so it will never bother me either way. The thing that annoys me is we seem to have a huge section of our support obsessed with celtic, what i mean is on most forums it's all they talk about and sing about at games. Somebody mentioned the underclass and tbh i dont like the term but it's true. These group of fans seem to think the way to show your support for Rangers is by hateing celtic.

Sadly agree mate but hopefully things will change. I was recently heartened to hear the Gallant Pioneers song at Ibrox as it is all about Rangers and their origins. It's great TBH. For me the very fabric of our club is defined by often told stories, great players, celebrated teams, iconic managers and wonderful heart stopping goals not battles from 300 years ago or what Celtic are up to. These are the things that should always drive our songs and support

Not wanting to start a fight but this thread is getting as bad as the threads you seem to be having a go at, everybody is different and come from different backgrounds. It's seems that a certain section of the Rangers support are getting it because they stand for something and aren't frightened to let people know about. I also know many Lodge members who are elders or active members of their Kirk.

For them to be castigated for it makes one side as bad as the other and while we have this debate any timmy lurkers are having a right good laugh again at our expense.

Sorry Allan but again you're missing the point dude. I fully understand our support is derived from a broad church and most people accept that but I think that lack of acceptance comes from the a certain section of our support that immediatley brand any Rangers fan who supports Scotland or doesn't do the Orange thing disloyal. I can accept their reasons for supporting Rangers. Why can't they accept there are fans that have other reasons?

Sorry Allan but again you're missing the point dude. I fully understand our support is derived from a broad church and most people accept that but I think that lack of acceptance comes from the a certain section of our support that immediatley brand any Rangers fan who supports Scotland or doesn't do the Orange thing disloyal. I can accept their reasons for supporting Rangers. Why can't they accept there are fans that have other reasons?

Right mate one last go to try and explain why i think you got told to do one. As someone who grew up in that community, for a number of years they have been attacked from every corner and that includes fellow Rangers fans, branded as bigots and their legal rights eroded to virtually nothing. While the opposing side seem to get to walk and shout and hold IRAfests in just about any council hall or school they want, so to say the least their fuse is rather short, the last bastion of hope for them is their beloved Rangers but that also is being taken away from them with this stupid PC laws and country.

And to make matters worse for them they see fellow Rangers fans agreeing with the people who are attacking them, so I think you should take a step back and try to see it from their point of view. I'm sorry you got punted but as I've said before if you walk into a crowd of like minded guys and totally disagree with everything they stand for you should expect to get all that's coming to you. They see everyone who isn't for them as against them and who can blame them with the treatment they get in this country.

That's all I'm saying and with that I'm out of this thread.

Have a nice Day. :thup:

As Frankie says moderating on the busier forums is slightly different than moderating on here but it amazes me that you can get banned for giving a normal honest opinion.

To be honest we only hear one side of the story but we hear the same story time and again which seems to add up.

You may or may not know that I used to be both an admin and a mod on RM - trust me, moderation on a forum that size is not hard at all as long as you have scruples. That forum once did, we upheld the rules and the content was good quality - but slowly but surely certain individuals put traffic and growth as #1 priority and let a lot of poor content go unmoderated simply because they wanted to get bigger. That's why I ultimately quit - myself and one or 2 others became sick of how poorly they were moderating and what they were allowing to go.

Now they have rules such as no abuse to other members yet there's shitloads of violations of this and moderators and admin do nothing to clean it up.

It, and FF are just badly run - and one and the same if they simply ban members for farting.

I also remember RM was all about no bigotry or sectarianism, yet taig, tarrier etc are simply allowed without any checks.

There ARE good members on there, plenty of them, but it's gone a long way off course from the one it started on.

Good to see a bit of healthy debate about these things, I feel I may have lit the touch paper a bit but I make no apologies for being forthright.

I was considering starting a thread along the same lines as Max Rebo lately but decided against it being a new poster and because I don't think my views are necessarily palatable to some. Since we've been in Admin and the fans have become more defiant and supportive I've been dismayed at the tone of some of it and this culminated in TBB getting a public airing and the SPL latching onto it. I could feel it brewing before that game and I can feel it simmering away in the background now. I just hope it stays in the background.

It makes me sick thinking about the lengths the Celtic minded will go to attack "us" and I know how deep the hatred is for anything that doesn't fit their subversive little agenda but leave the hysterics to them. Let them shame themselves and their club with their IRA filth every week, what they crave will never happen anyway. Rangers will not just go bang and disappear...the wider world has seen the extent of their hate for Rangers and plenty high profile eyes will have been opened in these last few weeks.

As much as we have a portion of the underclass amongst our numbers I firmly believe they have the bulk of the bottom 5%.