More SaveRangers stuff

Can we please keep all criticism constructive and avoid the kind of personal crap that blights us all as a support.

And to that end, it would also be constructive if the fan groups supporting SaveRangers outlined how they see the project progressing. I'm sure many of of us have pledged so, after the initial rush to do so, hopefully some further info will be disseminated so we can make a more informed decision about our support and involvement.

Guest Dutchy

From what I understand, the site is just to find out how much we can potentially raise through the fans. It's only a pledge, there's no compunction to hand over any cash. I suspect any group seeking to collect money for our survial are just looking for a sign of intent, which is all that it is.

Can we please keep all criticism constructive and avoid the kind of personal crap that blights us all as a support.

And to that end, it would also be constructive if the fan groups supporting SaveRangers outlined how they see the project progressing. I'm sure many of of us have pledged so, after the initial rush to do so, hopefully some further info will be disseminated so we can make a more informed decision about our support and involvement.

It's going reasonably well mate, another leaflet push on Saturday is on where we hope to reach bears that don't use social media outlets. They can then can pledge by post.

The seed is definitely planted, we would/need more info from bears, then it's all about getting more info out of the administrators. As you'd know anyway, there are hurdles to overcome before any legal entity is in place for any kind of share issue.

When did they criticise it?

When it was originally conceived, I am certain one of their main men, possibly Templeton, wasn't overly positive about it. But naturally I can't find that link now. But seems they've changed their minds anyway.

When it was originally conceived, I am certain one of their main men, possibly Templeton, wasn't overly positive about it. But naturally I can't find that link now. But seems they've changed their minds anyway.

Templeton isn't involved with them anymore and the Assembly appear to have been on board right from the start as they used a quote from Andy kerr when it was first launched.

Edited by Bluedell

Nah, all the main (formal) fan groups have backed the proposal.

As for pledges, I think they've probably tailed off from online fans at around £10million. Will be interesting to see how much more they can bring in from offline campaigning this weekend.

Like you say there's a big difference between obtaining pledges and actually getting the money. I hope this works but as SB says, we're still at a very early stage.

Like so often with the Rangers support, we allow our energy to get drawn into schemes (scams?) like SaveRangers that are entirely political and sold on a practically false pretext. Then we spend endless time on forums that few ever read, debating and defending these pointless schemes.

SaveRangers has nothing to do with saving Rangers. It is about building a bridge between the RST leadership and Paul Murray, ostensibly to provide RST with a seat at the table if and when Paul Murray is asked how much he can scrape together. A better way to save Rangers would be to have nothing to do with it. The pledges have nothing whatsoever to do with funding contributions to Rangers, either gratis or subscribing for shares. It may be a clever PR exercise for the RST and it may further the personal aspirations of Mark Dingwall but the day a penny from it drops into the Rangers bank account isn't part of the calculation.

MF:

I think most of appreciate the 'political' side of the project and you're right to express any doubts you may have.

Unfortunately we can ill afford to write off any scheme (or potential owner) at this stage. As ever that word vigilance is agreeable but in the absence of any other party we, to be crude, can only p!ss with the cock we've got.