Player and staff redundancies expected on Friday

Call me mean, pragmatic, or cynical, but if we let Lafferty and Whittaker go, the impact on the squad would be minimal right now, the financial "gains" noteable. Both will probably not play again this season, Lafferty is up to 6 weeks away from training and sure not fit enough to play again before May (according to the Rangers media folk). Whittaker ... well, we have cover. I do think that there will be a public outcry if we sent the wounded folk away though, no matter whether it makes sense for the admins.

Call me mean, pragmatic, or cynical, but if we let Lafferty and Whittaker go, the impact on the squad would be minimal right now, the financial "gains" noteable. Both will probably not play again this season, Lafferty is up to 6 weeks away from training and sure not fit enough to play again before May (according to the Rangers media folk). Whittaker ... well, we have cover. I do think that there will be a public outcry if we sent the wounded folk away though, no matter whether it makes sense for the admins.

There is logic there

Whittaker has a resale value, others don't, also the redundancy package would be quite large considering he has a long contract. The administrators won't really care about the playing side, they are their to save the club not cost it more money. The likes of Aluko, Kerkar, Healy, Papac and possibly the likes of McCulloch and Broadfoot will go.

Don't find it logical myself dB.

Whittaker has a resale value, others don't, also the redundancy package would be quite large considering he has a long contract. The administrators won't really care about the playing side, they are their to save the club not cost it more money. The likes of Aluko, Kerkar, Healy, Papac and possibly the likes of McCulloch and Broadfoot will go.

Don't find it logical myself dB.

But the redundancy won;t be huge because we're skint???

Whittaker has a resale value, others don't, also the redundancy package would be quite large considering he has a long contract.

The statutory redundancy payments would be relatively low. £430 for every year that they have played for us.

I presume that the the adminsittrators are able to break the contracts and not pay the outstanding balance of the contract or else what would be the point? if that's the case then presumably they can get of the players with no real cost to the club.

Update - the players would be due the full amount of their remaining contract. However if the administrators said that there was not the cash to pay them then they would become creditors of the club along with HMRC et al.

I can't help but find it weird that just about all the papers have it at six players, but the Record has it at eleven. But hey ho, I'm sure they have their sources...

Shall be an extremely sad day if we see players let go, which it looks now as if it almost definitely will happen. Shall be sitting waiting for any news, does anyone have a time for a conference, or is it still just rumoured?

Can't help but feel quite selfish in wanting to keep Aluko. I know saving the club is the main priority right now, but I think he could be one of the biggest wasted talents if he was to be let go of. Not to mentiont that the guy paid to be here!

Guest Dutchy

The papers know as much as we do, but they have the opportunity to cast their speculations all over the front/back pages that cover the whole country.

There will be redundancies, and some of them fairly high profile, if you consider McCulloch and Broadfoot as high profile, but the papers don't know who will go or not.

I'll be waiting on the official statement before discussing it in anymore detail.

This is possibly a really silly question but are you allowed to sack anyone who is on sick leave. I ask because you are not here, otherwise boss's would offload people who are long term sick. Whether Players are put on sick leave is another point I suppose. I would imagine there is some kind of insurance being used.