Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Act 2012

Will it be ruthless, or will you be warned before ejected?

My guess they'll be very heavy handed. It'll cause a bit of bother and be heavily discussed online. Rangers, the cops and fan representatives will have a meeting with the cops and it'll calm down.

There is an easy way round this though. Don;t sings songs or use words that are deemed "offensive" It's not very difficult

Of course, going by recent remarks about "Build my gallows" possibly being deemed offensive or "unwanted", you see again where the wind is blowing from. Singing up "against the IRA" is being deemed illegal? What next? Speaking up against ETA or the Taliban too?

Just a general remark. There is IMHO no need to sing loyalist or similar songs at football games. But if such policies are pursued, it should be even handed. Can you imagine the HHs will be reqeusted to stop their Soldier's Song or will stop BotOB?

Is TFOA now banned as well as it refers to rebelling against the crown, or is it only anti-IRA songs that are banned?

I will not stop singing BMG and and would be happy to contribute towards the legal fees of any bear who is pulled up for singing it.

This is what you get for voting for the SNP and I blame every single person who did so.

BBC commentary mentioned at the start of today's game against Hearts that people would be listening to the songs etc being sung, but no such comments were made at any time during the commentary from Aberdeen earlier in the day. Yes, I'm keeping tabs.

Let's all sit quiet in our seats,or maybe we could sing row row row your boat?,twinkle twinkle little star?

No one is saying you've to sit quietly in your seats or sing nursery songs. :facepalm:

Like I said in post 27, maybe the fans could come up with some light hearted songs with a wee bit of humour.

Edited by Gazza_8

The problem of sectarian singing was brought up by the BBC at the end of the Hearts game (as well as at the start as I pointed out) and not because there was any sectarian singing, but because the BBC (and many others incl MPs etc) clearly have an agenda against Rangers. No such comments were made by the BBC before OR after the Celtic game today.

Edited by Zappa