The Sun: No Europe next season

CRISIS club Rangers WON'T play in Europe next season.

That became clear last night as Ally McCoist's shattered stars slumped to their second Ibrox defeat on the spin.

Hearts dumped skint Gers a fortnight after Kilmarnock took three points away as the Ibrox administrators prepare to swing the axe tomorrow morning.

Duff and Phelps confirmed potential buyers have until March 16 to show their hand.

But they now say it's highly unlikely the SPL champions will be out of administration by the end of the month.

That means Gers will lose their Euro license and miss out on a money-spinning crack at the Champions League.

But in a welcome boost, joint administrator David Whitehouse confirmed several interested parties are lining up to save the club.

He said: "The March 31 deadline is technically still possible, but highly problematic.

"But the chances the club will be out of administration for the start of next season are high.

"We will know much more by March 16.

"We have set a deadline of March 16 for first indicative bids from interested parties.

"We have to decide who is a genuine bidder with a desire and the capacity to deliver an offer. We also have to establish who is posturing.

"I think there are a number of genuine bidders who could offer a solution but that is just my opinion. We have a good feel for how the business will be structured for the next few months.

"The on-going tax case would form a creditor of the company and it will determine how big the creditor pot is.

"At the end of this process that creditors pot could be £20million it could be £100m.

"There will be a value for creditors but the size of the pot wouldn't frustrate the process."

SunSport understands Duff and Phelps are still trying to establish whether owner Craig Whyte IS the secured creditor.

It's believed there is a significant sum of money still unaccounted for.

Whitehouse added: "We now have a significant level of interest in terms of investment and potential purchasers for the club.

"The majority of those have expressed their desire to make their bid for the business based on a materially reduced cost structure.

"They want to approach the business with a clean sheet of paper in terms of investment.

"We want to groom the business so it's attractive to new owners."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...-Hearts-2.html

I asked this before ... why is March 31st actually important. All across Europe is no certainty which teams actually qualify for Europe next season. So why this necessity?

BTW, for all the doom and gloom spouted these last few days - and we may yet see redundancies - the admin actually says that not only does he think we are out of admin before next season, but that there are interested parties with enough substance. Since, I would assume, admins are not in the business of "making feel people better", it looks the road ahead is tricky still, but not exactly ending at any abyss for the time being.

The accounts havent been signed over and if they havent been completed by the 31st of march under uefa rules you cant play in Europe.

I am bewildered to why the administrators are taking so long to find a new owner knowing this to be the case. I fell they are indeed dragging their heels. There has been more than 1 interested party from day 1 and they have given another two weeks for bids. Why wait so long? i am also amazed that craig whyte is still roaming the streets and not facing a lengthy jail term given what he has done.

when exactly is he going to be held accountable for his actions at our club? He has rape and pillaged Rangers football club right down to the light fittings and at the moment is getting away scot free.

dragging heels seems to be the order of the day with everyone concerned..

Edited by gisabeer

The accounts havent been signed over and if they havent been completed by the 31st of march under uefa rules you cant play in Europe.

I am bewildered to why the administrators are taking so long to find a new owner knowing this to be the case. I fell they are indeed dragging their heels. There has been more than 1 interested party from day 1 and they have given another two weeks for bids. Why wait so long? i am also amazed that craig whyte is still roaming the streets and not facing a lengthy jail term given what he has done.

when exactly is he going to be held accountable for his actions at our club? He has rape and pillaged Rangers football club right down to the light fittings and at the moment is getting away scot free.

dragging heels seems to be the order of the day with everyone concerned..

We've been bitten once by already with a new owner. I'm pretty sure the admin guys are going through any new potential owners with a microscope

We've been bitten once by already with a new owner. I'm pretty sure the admin guys are going through any new potential owners with a microscope

I hope they've got a stethoscope too because there's some heartless motherfuickers circling Ibrox! :fuming:

I hope they've got a stethoscope too because there's some heartless motherfuickers circling Ibrox! :fuming:

I can imagine. I've not, and won't say much about potential new owner(s) until they offically own us and show us their plans. I will say i'm a tad uncomfortable with this "Save Rangers" thing as i don't feel it sends out the right message. There's a lot of Bears think this money has already been pledged and we should be using it :/

Guest Dutchy

This all depends really on CW giving up his shares, which will not happen and the admin are CW's men, so I'm hardly surprised by their delaying tactics. Most of what they say is the standard crap that businessmen and politicains come out with.

The truth is that we live in a shit world controlled by power mad freaks, and there's not a thing you can do about it, other than lose your money and dignity.

The administrators were picked by Whyte and not the court. They have a lot of flexibility as to how they do things and their inactivity in certain areas has raised a lot of alarm bells with an ever-growing number of people.

Meeting a 31 March deadline is the least of my worries at the moment.

Which areas? HAring after money of Whyte or the like? I mean, I fully understand the frustration, but law stuff (finding and getting money) takes its time and can't be hurried with a club or the like. Could it be done faster? Maybe? Possibly? Who knows?