Administrators organise staff meeting for 4pm today (Wednesday)

It was a noble gesture from the players, but I didn't really see how wage cuts could help with the shortfall of a million a month.

Expect mass redundancies today, sadly.

I'm looking at it with a positive spin.....while its never good that someone looses their job, players are a wee bit different from the norm.

My view is that by clearing a number of aging players or ones that are on high wages, it will allow the club to impose a strict wage structure moving forward. It will then encourage the youth academy to produce better quality players on a regular basis.

Wipe the slate clean etc....

I'm looking at it with a positive spin.....while its never good that someone looses their job, players are a wee bit different from the norm.

My view is that by clearing a number of aging players or ones that are on high wages, it will allow the club to impose a strict wage structure moving forward. It will then encourage the youth academy to produce better quality players on a regular basis.

Wipe the slate clean etc....

What age is Greg Wylde?

Debi Edward ‏ @EdwardDebi Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Gregg Wylde first player to leave #Rangers but STV News understands he may have asked to be released from his contract

Keith Downie ‏ @STVkeith

Gregg Wylde has left Rangers. He has waived his wages for March and has decided not to take any redundancy package.

Chris McLaughlin‏@BBCchrismclaugReply

Retweet

A number of #Rangers players have already asked to be released. No confirmed decision as yet.

Edited by johnnyk