A couple of Takeover rumours

I have some knowledge of the Blue Knights proposal, and the number involved is much larger than 4.

Should it be successful, fans representation will be assured, and membership/share options will be available in tiered levels.

A new Rangers board will be the biggest and most varied the club has ever seen.

Cant say any more at this time, and while I have my doubts regarding Paul Murray given he has had all that time on the board and never put in any work like this despite us being up for sale and in major financial problems, it would appear he is doing this very professionally and with a lot of new ideas which are quite exciting.

My view on Murray is similar to yours - confusion as to why he didn't make a move when he had the chance before, but the fact is he SEEMS to be making moves now. Perhaps he had very good reasons for not taking over back when he had the chance, we'll probably never know.

But that all said, all we've had from him is media soundbites and apparent discussions with admin. Plus a claim that he'll bid around the time of the deadline. That confuses me further.

But if he and his consortium save us from this hell, then I am not going to grumble.

I am confused as to why he isn't putting it in now, and potentially saving redundancies?

It strikes me that Dave King has given it to us straight and told us the toughest of things to accept while Paul Murray is skirting around the issue of liquidation, quite possibly knowing full well that King is right, but not wanting to panic the fans or put them off supporting his consortium's takeover bid. Just my opinion.

Not really sure what it matters if the fans support his bid or not. All that really matters is whether it actually happens.

Essentially, should there be no takeover, the club will most likely be able sustain itself these next three months of the season and can then pre-sell all the players who are assets (until the transfer window opens) or send them all packing, thus streamlining it into a business that is fine financially, but horrific on the park. Not exactly the general admins main concern. Then we can sign up a couple of dozen freebies and promote the youths to have a "football team" handy.

While people can always be wary about the words of the admins, I think they made it clear that they do not want the club to fold. If that means that we send half the team packing and field youngsters from now to the end of the season, so be it. Liquidate the clubs is of nigh to no interest to all parties involved, bar Whyte (and he may get a different treatment anyways soon, it seems).

Not really sure what it matters if the fans support his bid or not. All that really matters is whether it actually happens.

He wants the fans onside well ahead of any takeover because his plan ultimately involves the fans buying into a membership scheme that will provide the club (run by his consortium) with working capaital over and above ticket sales. This is why Paul Murray has been all over the media and very public about everything. He's been trying to endear himself to the Rangers support all along, hence all the interviews, chats on radio shows etc.

It stands to reason (IMO) that even if Paul Murray agrees with Dave King regarding liquidation, he'll want to be far more subtle about introducing the concept and meanwhile maintain the stance that he's (supposedly) working with the administrators on the CVA route and exit from administration that way. I listened to Paul Murray on talksport today and it's perfectly clear that while he's distancing himself from King's brutally blunt statement about liquidation, he isn't ruling it out either and essentially sounds as if he doesn't know right now specifically what shape or form the club will take post administration.

He wants the fans onside well ahead of any takeover because his plan ultimately involves the fans buying into a membership scheme that will provide the club (run by his consortium) with working capaital over and above ticket sales. This is why Paul Murray has been all over the media and very public about everything. He's been trying to endear himself to the Rangers support all along, hence all the interviews, chats on radio shows etc.

It stands to reason (IMO) that even if Paul Murray agrees with Dave King regarding liquidation, he'll want to be far more subtle about introducing the concept and meanwhile maintain the stance that he's (supposedly) working with the administrators on the CVA route and exit from administration that way. I listened to Paul Murray on talksport today and it's perfectly clear that while he's distancing himself from King's brutally blunt statement about liquidation, he isn't ruling it out either and essentially sounds as if he doesn't know right now specifically what shape or form the club will take post administration.

Dangerous game to play just now though. Rangers fans have had enough of wily statements that don't quite say what they mean. PM should be very careful and making out he thinks it's unlikely if potentially that's where we go. Whyte has given us lies and evasions. We shouldn't be quick to accept anyone as a saviour without full disclosure.

I don't really understand a membership scheme as it seems to be fleecing the fans to buoy up the shares of rich, major shareholders.

Instead of a membership, I would say it should be a share issue of (say) £50 worth of shares for each fan, every year.

That way, if (say) 80k take this up every year, that will give the fans something like an increase of 1% of equity in the club each year - which they would deserve.

If there is a large up-front share issue where fans uptake say 30% of the shares then that would put us in a strong position which increases every year and eventually, say in 30 years, having over 50%.

Edited by calscot

Dangerous game to play just now though. Rangers fans have had enough of wily statements that don't quite say what they mean. PM should be very careful and making out he thinks it's unlikely if potentially that's where we go. Whyte has given us lies and evasions. We shouldn't be quick to accept anyone as a saviour without full disclosure.

The problem is that Paul Murray may well want the administrators to be able to pull the club out of admin' via a CVA as he's stating, but what he wants and what he gets aren't the same thing as at stands at the moment. We just don't know how it's going to pan out because we don't have clear and 100% accurate details of who the main creditors are. It would seem as though the administrators don't even know that yet and until they do, then there's no CVA even on the horizon. It's interesting to note that Paul Murray said today that nobody would be able to bid unless it's clear what the club's situation is with regards to liabilities/creditors and a CVA, then went on to say that he'd definitely be bidding on or before the March 16th bid deadline. Rather contradictory I thought...

I don't really understand a membership scheme as it seems to be fleecing the fans to buoy up the shares of rich, major shareholders.

Instead of a membership, I would say it should be a share issue of (say) £50 worth of shares for each fan, every year.

Maybe it'ill be a combination of a share issue and membership scheme.

Maybe it'ill be a combination of a share issue and membership scheme.

Yes, but my point is to give something to the fans for their money - a stake in the club.

It also means that being a loyal "member" for ten years and investing £500 you could probably sell your shares for say £150 instead of having nothing. Or just stop and still have your £500 of shares (however many they are) and use them for voting or just sentimental value. It also means you have more say than someone who has just joined on a whim.

Since it relates to the takeover and is a "rumour" from FF:

The HMRC fear our liquidation as much as we do, they would get zero.

A deal has been struck on both scenarios for the BTC, whether we win or lose. The HMRC are being clever and are ready to offer a " low " settlement figure for the BTC for any new buyers right now. They can't be seen to walk away with nothing from it.

HMRC staff have been sacked already for looking at the case files when they weren't working on the case.

They had clearance but were not working on it, so they were sacked after disciplinary action.

Has no-one noticed how quiet it has went on the leaking of info from the HMRC front, coincidence....?

SOURCE: My work has just had a full VAT Inspection and the Inspector was quite chatty after the ice was broken