Blue Knights Statement on Rangers Football Club

There was a Statement posted on the RST site about 40 mins ago, but it's erm... rather brief:

Statement on Paul Murray Takeover Bid

Friday, 09 March 2012 20:45

Rangers fans have been waiting for a plan to clean up the mess left by Craig Whyte and Paul Murray and his Blue Knight's proposals could do just that.

They also have the potential to pave the way for supporters holding a significant and meaningful stake in our club.

The RST has been in regular dialogue with Paul Murray and the Blue Knights and will continue to work with them to deliver a package that returns financial stability to the club and puts supporters at the heart of its control.

Well that cleared up all of the important questions in the minds of all the people who'd like to know what on earth is going on and why Ticketus are part of the BK consortium. Thanks for the clarification!

Astounding clarity of purpose.

May I also be allowed to remember that the RST were in regular dialogue with one Craig Whyte and didn't sniff a thing.

At times I think we're all out of our league.

But at least i see it.

Is it Paul Murray on his own plus the 3 supporters groups and TicketUs?

Where is the funding? Murray doesn't have millions. TicketUs surely aren't going to throw more money in on top of the £24m. Do the 3 fans groups have the funds to hand before a share issue?

I'm baffled!

I'm afraid these piecemeal statements are doing more harm to their cause than good.

It's no good making these statements without explaining the facts, they're just sowing the seeds of confusion when what's need is clarity.

We've just had 9 months (more probably) of being kept in the dark like mushrooms, were lessons not learned?

We've just had 9 months (more probably) of being kept in the dark like mushrooms, were lessons not learned?

Apparently not. Looks like we're supposed to just blindly back the BK consortium because Paul Murray has made more noise than anyone else and has the support of the RST etc.

Is it Paul Murray on his own plus the 3 supporters groups and TicketUs?

Where is the funding? Murray doesn't have millions. TicketUs surely aren't going to throw more money in on top of the £24m. Do the 3 fans groups have the funds to hand before a share issue?

I'm baffled!

I'm baffled at the constant and unrelented negativism.

Paul Murray is the front figure of the so-called "Blue Knights", whom we still do not know. So why do people suddenly think he's alone in there with the supporters' groups? Ticketus backs them because ... they - after apparent talks - see them as possible partners and would give them their backing for a stable future. Ticketus could just as easily decide to play hard-balls and want their money back ... and let the lawyers (i.e. not part-timers on fan-boards - no insult intended here) decide who owns them their money. I for one would rather like to talk to and/or have the backing of people who may have a 24m claim to our future.

While we are at it, these people represent just one of 5 or 7 interested parties, pending your source.

I for one would rather like to talk to and/or have the backing of people who may have a 24m claim to our future.

If Ticketus thought that they had a genuine claim on future season ticket sales or that Rangers couldn't circumvent that, or they had a claim against Whyte why would they be part of a consortium?

The only reason why they would join a bid for the club would be if they thought it was the only way to protect their "investment". Currently they are down £24M, Whyte isn't going to pay them back and neither are the Administrators. The only chance they have is if the new owners agree and collect the money or more likely some portion of the money, for them. They need the supporters groups onside for that purpose. There will be trade off there as well.

If Ticketus thought that they had a genuine claim on future season ticket sales or that Rangers couldn't circumvent that, or they had a claim against Whyte why would they be part of a consortium?

The only reason why they would join a bid for the club would be if they thought it was the only way to protect their "investment". Currently they are down £24M, Whyte isn't going to pay them back and neither are the Administrators. The only chance they have is if the new owners agree and collect the money or more likely some portion of the money, for them. They need the supporters groups onside for that purpose. There will be trade off there as well.

Can't argue with any of that. :tu:

Fair enough. You would think that Murray & Co. are clever enough to see through this and have talked to Ticketus about their "precarious" situation though, wouldn't you?