Between work and having a 5 week old baby to keep amused I haven't really been keeping a close eye on the situation at Rangers or the time to sit down and read into the facts. I'm basically relying on folk at work to keep me updated. A boy at work, who is a Rangers fan was all happy and cheery yesterday so I'm hoping there's some good news out there.

A wee heads up from folk on here of our current situation and what the forecast looks like for the future would be very much appreciated.

:)

Best thing to do Gav is try to read the statements released by Duff and Phelps (of which there are many) they tell the story of what has gone on these last couple of weeks better than anybody. Failing that I'm sure someone (who's not about to go to the park with two toddlers) will stick some bullet points down.

Congrats on the new arrival btw :-)

Gav, the long and the short is that the players have taken the wage cuts that should see us through to the end of season. Apparently there are a few potential buyers circling and there is expected to be movement on buyers by next friday. Everyone from the SPL to the CIA seems to be investigating us and the big tax case appears to have slipped a bit to the back of everyones mind as the talk has all been of redundancies. Dave King released a statement the other day, but you're probably best trying to track that down and make sense of it yourself.

Ok Im a lazy bastard too and always 8 hours ahead in the morning and always a catch up to read the previous days events. Like Gav I also seemed to pick up on the good vibe but couldnt catch up on what had happened.:thup:

Roughly said the players have taken the cuts, Whyte may not be the main creditor, several buyers interested in taking over, and the Ticketus deal is close to collapse.

We're now able to complete this season's fixtures, and while admin will continue for some months, most likely, the chances of liquidation have slimmed drastically in the last 2 days.

We're also fighting in court for the 3.6M Whyte's lawyers took, but have a 4 way battle with others who consider themselves entitled to either all of it or some.

Guest Dutchy

I've had my woman over from Dutchland, so I've had a good excuse to ignore all the experts on radio and the press that know nothing more than anyone else does. In fact, I'm glad she's been here, as I've only listened to the headlines and today I read a Sunday paper, but ignored what they were saying as it was the usual specutlation.

I enjoyed the film John Carter though and I think we need one of those medalions, for sanity's sake.