Battle to control Rangers attracting 'global interest' â?? administrator

Wouldn't trust a far east owner, don't want somebody like the Birmingham owner. Unsure about an American, Liverpool springs to mind, really unsure about anybody at the moment.

You mean you would prefer someone from Motherwell?;)

There are good and bad people all over the world you just have to have trust and hope for the best.

Wouldn't trust a far east owner, don't want somebody like the Birmingham owner. Unsure about an American, Liverpool springs to mind, really unsure about anybody at the moment.

I dont think the Pool fans are complaining too much these days with Fenway Sports Group are they ? Perhaps with Hicks & Gillette they were, but not with Henry & Fenway.

While I would love the fans to own a large part of Rangers if a world wide company as AEG took us over I would spend a week on Kerrydalestreet reading the timplosion. I will bet my bottom dollar that Stewart Regan and Peter Lawwell will be doing everything to prove that Philip Anschutz is a Nazi and an unfit person.:)

As has been said AEG and rangers would "fit" Look at some of the other ice hockey teams they own in Europe. I don't think they'd be making mega bucks off them.

They obviously like big arenas/ sports stadiums, well Ibrox os the best stadium in the country, ok it could do with a bit of work but my guess is this company would do that. They are massive in the stadium concert game, so i'd guess they'd put on a few gigs in the summer. Also, the ground around Ibrox, they might have their eye on that for some sort of development, like a indoor arena at the Albion?

I know AJ splits the fans, but one thing for sure, he is a Rangers fan. My guess os he'll know the powers that be at this company well, both professionally and personally as they're paths will cross all the time. For all AJ has no official role at Ibrox any more, that doesn't stop him being a fan and recommending us to AEG. In fact i'd bet he's mentioned us to them over the years since DM put us up for sale.

I know people will say,"why didn't they buy us before CW" To me that's a bad way to look at this. Things have changed and the current situation might suit them better?

I am not holding my breath over this lot, i have two fists full of salt, but both rangers and this companies portfolio do fit in rather neatly together.

I think I'm with you on this one Frankie. I also wouldn't rule out an entire continent of potentially wealthy investors based on a few where it has gone wrong lol.

By that logic, Whyte & SDM are Scottish, so we shouldn't have anyone from Scotland buy us.

You mean you would prefer someone from Motherwell?;)

There are good and bad people all over the world you just have to have trust and hope for the best.

I dont think the Pool fans are complaining too much these days with Fenway Sports Group are they ? Perhaps with Hicks & Gillette they were, but not with Henry & Fenway.

Just being pessimistic guys, who knows what anybody is like. Hicks and Gillette were not bad for a few years and everything happened. Who's to say it could happen with Henry and Fenway but I think Henry seems quite keen.

Just being pessimistic guys, who knows what anybody is like. Hicks and Gillette were not bad for a few years and everything happened. Who's to say it could happen with Henry and Fenway but I think Henry seems quite keen.

The difference between Hicks & Gillette vs Fenway was, I think, Hicks & Gillete did a "Craig Whyte" (sadly, just a couple of years ago this would have been called a "Malcolm Glazer") and, effectively, bought Liverpool with none of their own money - they basically bought it and then leveraged their debt up the ying yang and the Pool fans caught onto it pretty swiftly and wanted them out. And RBS (I think) forced a sale on them because they refused to rollover the debt.

Fenway, though, have a pretty good sporting pedigree, having turned the Red Sox from sleeping giant to regular contenders in MLB. Henry seems to understand the sport and the LFC traditions far more than Hicks & Gillette did.

I do understand the pessimism though.