This was a thread on FF today

Bluedell stated that what I heard happened wasn't true whether the bounced cheque led to what I heard happened is true or not I feel unless the truth is told then there will always be 'stories / rumours'...

In English please?:whistle:

First of all - I think I've asked before if we're to refer to other forums them please do so respectfully. There are hundreds of good bears on FF and it's unfair to them to label it as anything else just because of the actions of a few.

Secondly, I'd like to avoid the usual kind of personal mud-slinging and unsubstantiated rumours that are often posted about people in the community. These help no-one's case and just make us all look petty - even worse considering the period of difficulty we're in.

Finally though, I must concede I am somewhat worried at the lack of open discussion on the biggest Rangers forum out there. Mark is entitled as anyone else to go for any future board position but it's a shame he seems so insecure as to avoid a raft of valid questions we have about the Blue Knights and the fan groups' involvement. I appreciate some of the issues are sensitive and privacy warranted but the Trust must realise the problems being caused here.

Generally it's a real shame that we still have such problems (albeit exaggerated IMO) between the online sections of our support. Unfortunately, as much as I respect the fine job Mark has done in the media of late, I think it's still fair to constructively criticise and I hope this post is treated as such.

Edited by Frankie

I'd said I'd heard MD had temporarily paid a bill using RST money and Bluedell said that did not happen. I then asked him what the true 'story' was...

IIRC, the guy had booked several tables for the RST dinner and rather than cancel then when he had difficulty paying for them (recession and all that), the Trust were comfortable waiting for the money coming in after the fact.

Not an ideal scenario but not the end of the world either - especially when their independent accountants were happy.

Now, I'd rather we looked to the future than dwell on the past! :)

Frankie , Bluedell asked a whole whost of pertinent questions on a thread about Ticketus , around about the 188 post mark , the thread is nearing the 400's without any sign of an answer to anything , the whole FF site is all about the BK's or liquidation , its actually scary

Edited by Frankie

First of all - I think I've asked before if we're to refer to other forums them please do so respectfully. There are hundreds of good bears on FF and it's unfair to them to label it as anything else just because of the actions of a few.

Secondly, I'd like to avoid the usual kind of personal mud-slinging and unsubstantiated rumours that are often posted about people in the community. These help no-one's case and just make us all look petty - even worse considering the period of difficulty we're in.

Finally though, I must concede I am somewhat worried at the lack of open discussion on the biggest Rangers forum out there. Mark is entitled as anyone else to go for any future board position but it's a shame he seems so insecure as to avoid a raft of valid questions we have about the Blue Knights and the fan groups' involvement. I appreciate some of the issues are sensitive and privacy warranted but the Trust must realise the problems being caused here.

Generally it's a real shame that we still have such problems (albeit exaggerated IMO) between the online sections of our support. Unfortunately, as much as I respect the fine job Mark has done in the media of late, I think it's still fair to constructively criticise and I hope this post is treated as such.

:smile:

IIRC, the guy had booked several tables for the RST dinner and rather than cancel then when he had difficulty paying for them (recession and all that), the Trust were comfortable waiting for the money coming in after the fact.

Not an ideal scenario but not the end of the world either - especially when their independent accountants were happy.

Now, I'd rather we looked to the future than dwell on the past! :)

You should have joined the Dimplomatic Corp :smile:

Frankie , Bluedell asked a whole whost of pertinent questions on a thread about Ticketus , around about the 188 post mark , the thread is nearing the 400's without any sign of an answer to anything , the whole FF site is all about the BK's or liquidation , its actually scary

Please use FF on this forum.

Like I say, the reluctance to answer valid questions is worrying. I, for one, would like to know why the RST are so keen on BK's - it can't just be about improved representation. The fan groups would do well to be a bit more open there.

Methinks they "back" the idea of fan involvment in general. So far, no-one has shown a bid openly and thus I think it is a bit hasty to think that either of the supporters organisations are actually "supporting" a particular bid more than others.

:smile:

You should have joined the Dimplomatic Corp :smile:

I just don't think there's any point in arguing the toss about people or organisations during this time. The fan groups are well aware of how Mark polarises the online support but in the absence of any other person stepping up in recent years, they can't afford to lose his experience. While the RST will say he doesn't hold any official office (and with no disrespect to other board members) he is 100% the RST right now and also an important opinion former within the somewhat toothless Assembly.

We could all moan about that and the variety of negatives associated with the guy but if I'm completely honest, I also don't think there are many others who could do a better job per se. Although, again, it's a great shame he can't disassociate himself from the problems he directly contributes to.

Methinks they "back" the idea of fan involvment in general. So far, no-one has shown a bid openly and thus I think it is a bit hasty to think that either of the supporters organisations are actually "supporting" a particular bid more than others.

Sorry but I don't think that's accurate.

Whilst I agree it makes sense to carefully explore what is possible with the Blue Knights, from what I've read on FF, it's more than cautious support. Especially when they're cutting threads or leaving valid questions unanswered (though I will say I don't spend a lot of time on the forums at the weekend and don't post on FF).