Rangers Fighting Fund Meeting - Notes

Another great plus is Donald Findlay returning. LONG OVERDUE!

Sorry, but he is not returning. He is currently chairman of his home town team, Cowdenbeath, and will have no official role at the club. He has actually just been available to the guys in the Fighting Fund Committee to run legal stufgf past, and he has offered to do so FOC in the future also. He wont be on the comittee or have any part of it, just a helpful friend so to speak.

Sorry, but he is not returning. He is currently chairman of his home town team, Cowdenbeath, and will have no official role at the club. He has actually just been available to the guys in the Fighting Fund Committee to run legal stufgf past, and he has offered to do so FOC in the future also. He wont be on the comittee or have any part of it, just a helpful friend so to speak.

I think you're being a bit harsh there. He's ensuring we don't have another bill to pay to an expensive lawyer mate. And who knows, may be he will return?

I think you're being a bit harsh there. He's ensuring we don't have another bill to pay to an expensive lawyer mate. And who knows, may be he will return?

I dont see what's harsh about it, just the facts. DF has been a great asset to the setting up of this group, as he had been with other fans groups over the last couple of years, and has always offered fantastic advice FOC to them.

I was merely replying that he could not have an official involvement with us as he is already involved as Chairman of another club.

If it came across as having a go at DF, that was the opposite of the intention, I assure you.

I dont see what's harsh about it, just the facts. DF has been a great asset to the setting up of this group, as he had been with other fans groups over the last couple of years, and has always offered fantastic advice FOC to them.

I was merely replying that he could not have an official involvement with us as he is already involved as Chairman of another club.

If it came across as having a go at DF, that was the opposite of the intention, I assure you.

I didn't know that. I think it's me being thick mate>

BTW it's flashed up on twitter that it is AEG that are making a bid for us

American giants AEG are poised to launch takeover bid of Glasgow Rangers. The American Billionaire Philip Anschutz is behind the takeover bid. He see Rangers as a prefect opportunity to expand his already expansive sporting folio.

It wouldn't take him long to resign from Queen of the South - where there's a will there's a way! Also with the slimball in charge at Celtic and their 'influence' over all areas of life (Officialdom, Politics and the media) we really need a hard hitter - the days when poor responses from tame assholes like Bain will need to be over if we're ever gonna be the club we the fans want.

we really need a hard hitter - the days when poor responses from tame assholes like Bain will need to be over if we're ever gonna be the club we the fans want.

The club wasn't any better when Findlay was a director first time around, and as I've said on here before, i wasn't impressed by his feeble defence oof the "Why don't you go home" chant.

It's great that he is helping out the various fans' groups but I can't see how he would be a great asset if he was to return.

There's no chance of him returning anyway. He would not want the press exposure and the press attention going back to his singing.

The club wasn't any better when Findlay was a director first time around, and as I've said on here before, i wasn't impressed by his feeble defence oof the "Why don't you go home" chant.

It's great that he is helping out the various fans' groups but I can't see how he would be a great asset if he was to return.

There's no chance of him returning anyway. He would not want the press exposure and the press attention going back to his singing.

I disagree.

My feeling is that The Mint never gave him the backing he deserved and that left him VERY EXPOSED. Like big Duncan Ferguson, the previous owner let him down badly, if Rangers come under a new (more fan based) ownership I'd like to think we be more likely to stand together and not leave our people that over exposed ever again!

We need to act more like a proper Union in future and protect our people.

It wouldn't take him long to resign from Queen of the South - where there's a will there's a way! Also with the slimball in charge at Celtic and their 'influence' over all areas of life (Officialdom, Politics and the media) we really need a hard hitter - the days when poor responses from tame assholes like Bain will need to be over if we're ever gonna be the club we the fans want.

I think he could do the same sort of job Paul McBride did for the Vermin, unofficial (official) spokesperson so to speak.