What are your feelings right now?

Guest Dutchy

I'm optimistic that we'll come out of this, but I'm sick to death about hearing everyone giving their uninformed views about our club, as if it proves something that they might already hold dear in their wee heids.

The sooner all this is done with and we're back to playing and discussing football, the better.

Very very worried indeed.

The "Rangers Fans Fighting Fund" (or RFFF) as well as the associated fundraising activities have given me some hope though because it'll be a vehicle for the fans to help right now and in coming months. Very few Rangers fans want to see the club liquidated.

Depends, right now I'm laughing, for I read the following post on FF about an upcoming article by Tom English that "may see some Celtic supporters spontaneously combust" (his wordds on twitter):

Originally Posted by ...

I had a small peek at what the fiddlers are saying on their forums and they reckon that the Unionists in Ulster are threatening riots etc.. if HMRC do not back down. That is the state of mind of these people.

If our new buyers can agree a CVA and restore us to stability, these idiots heads will explode. They wont make it to the Erskine bridge.

Honestly? I just wait and see. There is hardly anything we can do, so I keep my own counsel and stay mildly optimistic. We'll see out the season thanks to players who IMHO are legends. And hopefully, despite ongoing scaremongering, we'll be out of administration before the end of the season too. If Whyte has any dignity left, he hands over his shares to the admins and spares us any more legal trouble.

And hopefully, despite ongoing scaremongering, we'll be out of administration before the end of the season too.

You were saying that about the March 31st deadline not too long ago mate. How many times are you going to move your goalposts?

Anger in the way the Club has been run to the brink of ruin, anger aimed at Whyte but equally David Murray who seems to get an easy time of it especially in the gutter press (not on this forum)

Slightly Optimistic for Future, I feel we are nearing an end to all of this and one which will see us move on from this bleak time

I've calmed down a lot. I've shut out CW and DM and i'm focusing on the future and sit waiting on any snippet of news.

I do believe the admin lads are doing well and don't subscribe to the myth that they are dragging their feet to make more cash from themselves. I think they are taking their time to make sure they get the right deal for Rangers fans, not their bank accounts.

Like all of us i want a new owner in this afternoon and buying players the first day of the transfer window. That's not going to happen.

I've managed to move my mindset into a good place now, i'm calm, hopeful and pretty content.

I'm lucky in that i'm off work now so i can sit online all day waiting on info. If i was on a rig i'd get online a few times a day for 10 mins

You were saying that about the March 31st deadline not too long ago mate. How many times are you going to move your goalposts?

When speaking about March 31st, we were speaking about applications for Europe. At the time, it was not clear how long the process would last, how tricky the work of the admins. I think I carefully pointed that out back then, i.e. we don't have any clues, so I will not hazard a guess how long or short, for that matter, it would take and whether it might be over before the European deadline.

Now we are speaking about a wholly different situation, going by what our first hand informers (sic!, not some press hacks) - i.e. the administrators - have said. For a) they told us that meeting the deadline for Europe is virtually impossible, b) that we have a number of interested parties in talks, and c) our club is - for the time being - save from any financial meltdown due to the players accepting wage cuts.

As in: the situation has moved the goalposts, not I. They made it clear that March 31st is out of reach and thus put this date out of the equation.

What is kind of annoying is that despite the essentially positive feedback from the administrators about the finances, their constant reminder that liquidation is not on their agenda, their hope that we may be out of administration before the end of the season, and a number (not just one unknown quantity like January 2011) of parties firmly interested ... the press and some boarders can't stop talking about liquidation and the road to the abyss like this is a cast-into-stone-certainty. THIS is what I referred to when writing the word scaremongering.

In general, I've always been slightly optimistic since the administrators took over, for ... they know what they are doing and no party involved want to see the club liquidated. People may view this differently, but that is for them to decide.