Ibrox return on offer to Smith: Former boss in line for Rangers comeback

I know we go round and round with this, but ffs, can we give Ally a chance in a club with less of a shit storm happening? We do not know full details of what it has been like in Ibrox during Whyte's reign, or the potential strain on McCoist. To declare him our worst manager with all this stuff going on is harsh.

Although, I remember the shit McLeish got too when he was in charge.

I'm with you. he deserves a second chance. If he doesn't get it right then fair dooz, punt him

If Kennedy thinks McCoist is the right man in the dugout ii just prey he doesn't get control of the club. Ally has been the worse manager in the history of our great club. I would be 100% in favour of Ally being kept on in PR but not as manager!

Old yellow teeth will reading that thinking PLEASE, PLEASE LET THAT BE TRUE! The media will be backing Kennedy now!:ffs::redface:

Ahem what? As in: what medicine are you on ... or ... when did you join the Rangers support? Get yourself a dose of objectivity and try the above again, please.

Ahem what? As in: what medicine are you on ... or ... when did you join the Rangers support? Get yourself a dose of objectivity and try the above again, please.

So then name me a worse one - with the 'possible' exception of Ham & Eggs there hasn't been one! I'd certainly exclude PLG because I think given time (and the players not playing as rebels) he would have done well.

Listen, this 'at a time like this' line cuts no sway with me! He's a terrible manager and this season (also when WS was silly enough to leave him in charge of Cup games) showed he could not 'step up'. I really hope we aren't gonna go down the John Greig line here, keeping him on as managers season after season soley because he's a Rangers Hero.

Had we not been in this position there's no way fans would contemplate keeping him on as Manager - give him a PR role and let's not relive the Greig Manager years!

PLEASE NOT! PLEASE NOT!

What is it with forums that people can't conduct an argument debate without using offensive language? Pretty poor debating skills. Ally McCoist has been shown to be an inept manager, either argue your case or I"ll start being offensive too!

So then name me a worse one - with the 'possible' exception of Ham & Eggs there hasn't been one! I'd certainly exclude PLG because I think given time (and the players not playing as rebels) he would have done well.

Listen, this 'at a time like this' line cuts no sway with me! He's a terrible manager and this season (also when WS was silly enough to leave him in charge of Cup games) showed he could not 'step up'. I really hope we aren't gonna go down the John Greig line here, keeping him on as managers season after season soley because he's a Rangers Hero.

Had we not been in this position there's no way fans would contemplate keeping him on as Manager - give him a PR role and let's not relive the Greig Manager years!

PLEASE NOT! PLEASE NOT!

You cannot discount PLG on the basis that more time would have shown him to be better, when your argument centres on McCoist not being given more time despite all the crap that has happened during his tenure!

What is it with forums that people can't conduct an argument debate without using offensive language? Pretty poor debating skills. Ally McCoist has been shown to be an inept manager, either argue your case or I"ll start being offensive too!

I can't see any offensive language...

As much as Walter is a total legend I really feel that if we are to move ahead off the pitch we have to also move foreward on the pitch to. I would like a whole new approach to what we are doing with the team and that for me does not include Smith and McCoist. Despite all the crap that Ally has dealt with over the last month or so, he has shown that he doesn't not have what it takes to be our manager IMO. It's easy to forget the awful defensive line-ups, the baffling tactics and clear lack of any plan/vision due to the horrors of admin. We need new ideas throughout the club, not a lukewarm rehash of what we were doing before.

McCoist hasn't had the best of starts this season. He's a rookie manager @ Scotland's biggest club, which is going through it most torrid time in its 140 year history. There was little money for fresh players, he's had several key players injured, and one key player sold then add to that all the off field stuff.

I do agree that he has struggled on the field for the most part, however there have been glimpses at times of good play/tactics etc at times, just not enough.

I am not convinced about his long term suitability, but I am willing to give him a chance!!!

You cannot discount PLG on the basis that more time would have shown him to be better, when your argument centres on McCoist not being given more time despite all the crap that has happened during his tenure!

I can, for the simple reason McCoist had the teams full backing, whereas Le Guen had a mutiny to contend with. I think that negates that as a factor. Had Murray shown Ferguson etc the door and given Le Guen HIS full backing in time the players would have acted professionally.