Hearts players set to miss out on their monthly wages again!

It just goes to show how badly funded Scottish football is. I see more teams entering administration soon. If Dunfermline almost went broke from 1 missed payment from Rangers then the iceberg is starting to melt.

It just goes to show how badly funded Scottish football is. I see more teams entering administration soon. If Dunfermline almost went broke from 1 missed payment from Rangers then the iceberg is starting to melt.

Hearts have been doing this for a while but I do agree with the Dunfermline point. Dundee Utd might struggle as well.

It's time for the SPL, SFA & SFL to get their fingers out of their backsides and get some wage cap rules in place whereby club's need to prove that they're living within their means every year to be granted continuation of their license. Every year, every single club should be forced to fully open their books to a new independant accountant working on behalf of the footballing authorities. I wonder which clubs would vote for that? :whistle:

It's time for the SPL, SFA & SFL to get their fingers out of their backsides and get some wage cap rules in place whereby club's need to prove that they're living within their means every year to be granted continuation of their license. Every year, every single club should be forced to fully open their books to a new independant accountant working on behalf of the footballing authorities. I wonder which clubs would vote for that? :whistle:

Great idea; and not too many would be the answer to your question!

Guest Dutchy

Actually, it goes to show how badly regualted it is and there are more troubles in Scottish football due to irresponsible buisnessmen taking over clubs and putting them into debt to compete. Romanov said when he came into hearts that they'd be winning the CL within six years. They've got huge debts, it just so happens he owns the bank that they owe the money to.

There are too many authorities in Scottish football. SPL, SFL and the SFA. Regan said on that debate program the other week that they're having good productive discussions to lessen the split in powers, or whatever he was talking about.

Can you remember Ernie Walker setting up a summit like talking shop to sort out Scottish football. There was anther one about 10 years ago, with well kent faces and well paid ones as well, I don't think they've reported yet.

Henry McLeish's report is what they're talking about now, but SFA will happen as there is nobody there to stop them from doing nothing, like they have been doing for decades.

As far as Hearts are concerned, I was sure they were on a last warning and if it happened again, not paying players, there would be sanctions. Just what Big Bad Vlad is waiting on. The land Tynecastle sits on is worth more to builders than what football can generate, and it's still not enough to clear the debts.

There are too many authorities in Scottish football. SPL, SFL and the SFA. Regan said on that debate program the other week that they're having good productive discussions to lessen the split in powers, or whatever he was talking about.

Henry McLeish's report is what they're talking about now, but SFA will happen as there is nobody there to stop them from doing nothing, like they have been doing for decades.

All countries must have a football association or they can't play in international tournaments, CL/EL transfer players etc etc. So you are correct the SFA is here to stay and has made quite lot of changes in line with the McLeish Report.

I'll pass on your regards to Mr Regan :)

The SPL and the SFL will be merged, you can bet on that.

Guest Dutchy

I got the impression that the SFA and SFL were being merged, but that may be because the chief of the SFL was just talking before him and Regan said talks were progressing. Something I think was said every time they have these summits, yet the SPL was the outcome with the teams taking upon themselves to corner the cash in football.

I got the impression that the SFA and SFL were being merged, but that may be because the chief of the SFL was just talking before him and Regan said talks were progressing. Something I think was said every time they have these summits, yet the SPL was the outcome with the teams taking upon themselves to corner the cash in football.

The SFA and the SPL cannot be merged. The SFA is the overall governing body of all football in Scotland. Different leagues can merge, some might come and go, but the SFA will remain; you can be sure of that.