Could CW be a blessing in disguise? ?

Guest Dutchy

I've had some theories forming in my head of late, regarding Craig Whyte.

Basically, as short as I can, because their was no one interested in buying the club last year, CW was asked to put himself up to be the fall guy. Once he's applied his expertise of saving companies, by way of asset stripping, our debts would be wiped out and he'd get at least a few million for his efforts, somewhere down the line.

SDM didn't want to do it himself, hence the need to get rid of the club for a paltry £1. The bank wasn't going to argue with the set up as they've probably seen and been involved with a whole lot worse.

So, going into admin was probably the best deal and all the liquidation talk is just for public consumption, in a smoke and mirrors manner, to deflect attention from folks making more money via the tax man. Don't think these types of things have nver happened before.

Whyte is just a frontman. He's nothing other than a tax dodging asset stripper and he was perfect for the job.

No wonder the rest of Scottish football are pissed off at us, and the wider public as well.

It's all about perception, what we think of Craig Whyte now may not be how we think of him in 6 months time...I'm not going to say i knew how all this was going to pan out but I wasn't far off. There's still a lot of things to achieve before we can relax and look forward to just supporting the team but we've reached the turning point that has been needed for years, long before Craig Whyte was seen or heard.

Whyte will be remembered simply as an unmitigated disaster no more no less.

His biggest crime so far has been attracting an SFA charge so far...unless you are one of these people that forget what kind of position we were in pre-Admin with HMRC looming. No thanks, I'd swap our position now for that 100 times out of 100.

His biggest crime so far has been attracting an SFA charge so far...unless you are one of these people that forget what kind of position we were in pre-Admin with HMRC looming. No thanks, I'd swap our position now for that 100 times out of 100.

That's a bit foolhardy because the club is currently in a very very dangerous position.

Club legends have set up an emergency fund for donations to help keep the lights on and are actually talking in the press about brilliant wee old dears who're coming forward to offer £20 donations out of their pension.

Craig Whte lied to us and drove the club to the edge of a cliff.

No offence but you have obviously no concept of the situation we are in. Our very existence is still under threat. There is no guarantee that our club will survive over the next few months. We are more in debt now than we were, our squad is weakened and could be much more weakened in the summer. People are having to donate cash to keep us going.

The administrators appear to have no intention short term of arranging a CVA so what are they up to? What are buyers going to buy? I have not heard one convincing argument that we can be sold.

There is nothing that I see as being better now than it was 11 months ago.