Could CW be a blessing in disguise? ?

I've had some theories forming in my head of late, regarding Craig Whyte.

Basically, as short as I can, because their was no one interested in buying the club last year, CW was asked to put himself up to be the fall guy. Once he's applied his expertise of saving companies, by way of asset stripping, our debts would be wiped out and he'd get at least a few million for his efforts, somewhere down the line.

SDM didn't want to do it himself, hence the need to get rid of the club for a paltry £1. The bank wasn't going to argue with the set up as they've probably seen and been involved with a whole lot worse.

So, going into admin was probably the best deal and all the liquidation talk is just for public consumption, in a smoke and mirrors manner, to deflect attention from folks making more money via the tax man. Don't think these types of things have nver happened before.

Whyte is just a frontman.

I don't buy into any of that.

You may well be 100% right Bluedell and you're entitled to your opinion but it's perfectably feasible that this whole scenario was deliberately concocted by SDM, Lloyd's, Whyte and Ticketus in order to step over a very large hole, Whyte being the 'fall-guy'. To me, it looks that way.

Guest Dutchy

I'm not saying you have to believe me, or even that I'm right in what I say. It's just with some of the things that business have been getting up to in the past 30 years, they're bold enough to try something like this. Especially when the business law is so weak right now.

It's easy to create a confusing paper trail that is near impossible to find the source of. Even some of our highest lords are doing these very complex company's owned by companies for money. Now that is respect in the world of money.

I better watch it, I'll start singing ABBA songs soon.

You may well be 100% right Bluedell and you're entitled to your opinion but it's perfectably feasible that this whole scenario was deliberately concocted by SDM, Lloyd's, Whyte and Ticketus in order to step over a very large hole, Whyte being the 'fall-guy'. To me, it looks that way.

Until recently I have took almost no-notice of the corpoate side of the club or it's fiscal complexities. But if I remember rightly, SDM was quite keen to sell to CW even when PM was proposing a bid last year.

CW's reputation was fairly well known, especially thanks to a few timothies around that time. The idea that SDM was oblivious to this just doesn't cut it with me.

One thing I feel sure of is that CW isn't daft. He'll come away from this mess with a nice lump sum.

SDM won't loose his knighthood.

They're not going to suffer in all of this.

No offence but you have obviously no concept of the situation we are in. Our very existence is still under threat. There is no guarantee that our club will survive over the next few months. We are more in debt now than we were, our squad is weakened and could be much more weakened in the summer. People are having to donate cash to keep us going.

The administrators appear to have no intention short term of arranging a CVA so what are they up to? What are buyers going to buy? I have not heard one convincing argument that we can be sold.

There is nothing that I see as being better now than it was 11 months ago.

The elephant in the room has now trampled on us, it was always there but some people chose to ignore it and hope it would just go away. Someone has taken steps to deal with it, and some will choose to ignore that fact also. Not me.

I'm not saying you have to believe me, or even that I'm right in what I say. It's just with some of the things that business have been getting up to in the past 30 years, they're bold enough to try something like this. Especially when the business law is so weak right now..

I'm not saying that I'm right either. There's no proof either way. However there are usually some signs and I just haven't seen anything.