UPDATE - Conversation with Mr John Bennett (Blue Knights)

• How much each party or consortium is going to invest.
  • The terms of that investment and in particular whether or not the individuals want to be a Director of the Club
  • Their CV or at least their qualifications and experience.
  • Whether they intend to be an active or passive investor.

I think the Admins will issue a summarised list eventually - once they are clear what each bid entails. Until then, we wait!!!

Don't think he was getting abuse Erga just a differing of opinion as to whether he should've posted the conversation.

I'd take being called a curtain twitcher as abuse mate.

I can understand the differing of opinion, that's what forums are for. I think the opinions would have been better aired about the information extracted rather than how or why they information was received.

Know whats funny?

We are all waiting for information.. BH gets some valid, up-to-date information & shares it WITH PROOF (doesn't happen much these days) & then he has received a fair bit of abuse? Have I missed something?

The fact BH has taken the time out to have a conversation with a potential owner of our club, I understand it was in his clients interest, is something which I appreciate. From the OP I have changed my opinion of PM. I was never a big fan because he is acting almost identical to how Whyte did at first, constantly in the papers, acting confident but not actually disclosing any financial information & then jumping into bed with the same 'loan sharks' that CW associated himself with. Now, thanks to BH, we know that PM lied when he said that there were more than 10 millionaires interested in a Rangers consortium & I take the fact that he is publicly naming people, who haven't yet decided whether to be involved or not, as 'Blue Knight'.

So BH, this bear appreciates your effort.

That is very much appreciated Ergatrude.

As I said, I did realise that not everyone would appreciate or understand what I did and why I did it but your comments make suffering some of the negative comments worthwhile.

I would just like to add that I have no idea how much Mr Bennett is worth, it wouldn't suprise me in the least if he was a millionaire, in fact I'd be surprised if he wasn't after 25 years as a fund manager! The main point as you suggest is the premature announcement of his membership when all he had done, in his own words was "express an interest".

That is very much appreciated Ergatrude.

As I said, I did realise that not everyone would appreciate or understand what I did and why I did it but your comments make suffering some of the negative comments worthwhile.

I would just like to add that I have no idea how much Mr Bennett is worth, it wouldn't suprise me in the least if he was a millionaire, in fact I'd be surprised if he wasn't after 25 years as a fund manager! The main point as you suggest is the premature announcement of his membership when all he had done, in his own words was "express an interest".

I take it you've written to the CEO of Club9 and Brian Kennedy demanding answers to the very questions you're posing in this thread? In the same spirit of openness and transparency of course, I for one and I'm sure others too would love to hear their replies before we decide for certain which bid we decide to back.

As a supporter and shareholder in Rangers Football Club, naturally I welcome any moves to bring the club out of administration as soon as possible but as an IFA with clients invested in Mr Bennettâ??s Fund, you will appreciate that I am extremely concerned about the possible impact on Fund performance of his involvement with the â??Blue Knightsâ?.

I think it is obvious the concerns are of a personal business nature above all else.

I take it you've written to the CEO of Club9 and Brian Kennedy demanding answers to the very questions you're posing in this thread? In the same spirit of openness and transparency of course, I for one and I'm sure others too would love to hear their replies before we decide for certain which bid we decide to back.

FS, I think that BH already said that the only reason he contacted JB was to clarify how his involvement with the BK consortium would affect his clients. The findings were posted here because they are relevant to how we should see PM's bid as it would appear that he has been less than honest.

FS, I think that BH already said that the only reason he contacted JB was to clarify how his involvement with the BK consortium would affect his clients. The findings were posted here because they are relevant to how we should see PM's bid as it would appear that he has been less than honest.

Correct and thanks.

As a supporter and shareholder in Rangers Football Club, naturally I welcome any moves to bring the club out of administration as soon as possible but as an IFA with clients invested in Mr Bennett’s Fund, you will appreciate that I am extremely concerned about the possible impact on Fund performance of his involvement with the “Blue Knights”.

I think it is obvious the concerns are of a personal business nature above all else.

And I think BH made that clear from the outset. What this has done has given us clarity in his involvement with Murray's Blue Knights - or lack thereof. To me, it shows up what I had feared about PM, that he appears to be as much of a chancer as CW. If he was bandying my name about as a potential investor when I had made no commitment then I would not be impressed and i don't think that this is a particularly good way to be doing business.

BH's clients funds would be at no more risk from John Bennett's (prospective) involvement in RFC than they were when BH was spending his time constructing extensive reports on the feasibility of fans buying RFC for the RST.

I'm pretty sure BH's staff would have ensured everything was in order just as John Bennett's staff could do likewise if he was involved with RFC.

Brian Kennedy has 36 current directorships and is involved with 55 active companies yet John Bennett being a Blue Knight is a step to far?

BH's clients funds would be at no more risk from John Bennett's (prospective) involvement in RFC than they were when BH was spending his time constructing extensive reports on the feasibility of fans buying RFC for the RST.

I'm pretty sure BH's staff would have ensured everything was in order just as John Bennett's staff could do likewise if he was involved with RFC.

Brian Kennedy has 36 current directorships and is involved with 55 active companies yet John Bennett being a Blue Knight is a step to far?

Well, if JB is himself stating that his involvement in Rangers would be 'full-time' then I think it would be a step too far from his other full-time role.