UPDATE - Conversation with Mr John Bennett (Blue Knights)

I can only base my opinion on my time reading on here. I take it you do not really think I formed an opinion on the basis of a single thread? Far from it, I can assure you.

But since longevity is your benchmark of quality and success then well done on the 12 years, it must put Gersnet up there.

I never said longevity is my benchmark of quality - I just said using one thread as your cue to suggest that a reasonably popular and balanced site is a joke is arguably flawed.

What other examples do you have to substantiate your claim as I'd like to address your concerns? We don't profess to be perfect but I'd certainly say we try our best to offer an independent view of all issues while also welcoming all opinions. Yes, some people will perhaps hold erroneous views on some subjects but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be permitted to air them (as long as they're without insult). Thankfully, when this does happen they're almost always challenged which is the point of debate.

I can only base my opinion on my time reading on here. I take it you do not really think I formed an opinion on the basis of a single thread? Far from it, I can assure you.

But since longevity is your benchmark of quality and success then well done on the 12 years, it must put Gersnet up there.

no one asked you to come here and if you dont like it i suggest like frankie you use another site. i have been using this site for over ten years now and for the most part find it constructive and well balanced in general and a pretty welcoming place overall, unlike some other sites i have been on.

dont let the door slap you on the arse on the way out .

And using a Proxy connection reeks of a certain section of this multi-cultural country we live in.

Firstly, he's not using a proxy connection. It was late and I made a mistake about that. (apologies!!) :facepalm:

Secondly, you know better than to sling around tim accasations on this forum Allan. I know who Dragonfly is and can say for sure that he's a bear, so no more of this snif snif type stuff please.

Firstly, he's not using a proxy connection. It was late and I made a mistake about that. (apologies!!) :facepalm:

Secondly, you know better than to sling around tim accasations on this forum Allan. I know who Dragonfly is and can say for sure that he's a bear, so no more of this snif snif type stuff please.

Then he needs to stop acting like one then.

Some people take any sort of criticism of the BKs a bit personally for some reason. ;)

There's been some censorship of criticism of the BKs elsewhere, but I don't think that it would do this site any favours to adopt a similar approach.

I think DT was over the top to criticise the site based presumably largely on this thread and I think that his opinion on the thread is as valid as most other's. I also now know who he is and would say he's a good guy and a good bear.

I do think that he was wrong in blasting the forum as a whole but as he says, it's all about opinions. Hopefully DT, we can move past this and you can start to contribute to the forum on a more regular basis. :)

Did you leave or did the RST kick you out btw?

The only part of this post that I will dignify with a reply is to confirm that I resigned as secretary of RST in August 2010, from the Board in October 2010 and did not renew my membership of the Trust in April last year.

Edited by BrahimHemdani