UPDATE - Conversation with Mr John Bennett (Blue Knights)

After the debacle of CW , I agree with BH , if there are any conflicts of interests we need to know now , not in 7 months or so , thats what got us into this mess

Don't people have the right to live their lives private or otherwise as they so wish, without dogooders writing to their employers, steamie wives comes to mind.

BH has a duty to protect the investments of HIS clients.

What John Bennett does in his personal time is his business but if it impacts his performance in his day job then that has implications on those invested in his funds. And being a fund manager takes a pretty sizeable commitment, mentally as well as time-wise.

BH's concern was quite clearly that Mr Bennett may not continue to perform to his, presumable, high standards should he have to take on a time-consuming role at RFC.

And if BH has clients invested in Mr Bennett's funds then, IMO, he is actually acting very professionally towards his clients in trying to protect their investment.

As for contacting Mr Bennett first, I would assume that as the clients are specifically invested through Mr Bennett's employers; funds (Mr Bennett is simply the fund manager) then that course of contact is the most appropriate.

It wouldn't surprise me if this ends up in the pages of The Sun, I really don't see the wisdom of this being in the public domain at this particular juncture.

I tend to agree, but I'm guessing that BH knows exactly what he's doing because he's well aware that various journalists lurk around these parts.

why are we discouraging investors?

Did you read the OP ?

Do you think the OP has a duty to Rangers or duty to his own clients ? I dont think he was "discouraging investors" but rather looking for clarity on behalf of his own clients, to protect their investments.

Did you read the OP ?

Do you think the OP has a duty to Rangers or duty to his own clients ? I dont think he was "discouraging investors" but rather looking for clarity on behalf of his own clients, to protect their investments.

But it was addressed in private what point is there making it public?