Blue Knights may borrow £5m from Ticketus to help with Rangers takeover

You obviously dont know me too well :P - seriously though, thanks for the character reference.

Ahhh, you are only saying that to get me to buy another signed shirt, right ? LOL. You know the worst thing about those signed shirts I got from you CG..... they wont fit in my suitcases so I have had to leave them at my Mum's house.... My 7 yr old only gets to see them when we go home on holiday :D

AHWNN - seriously, I am not that type of person. I very rarely knowingly offend people, it just isnt who I am.

No probs mate, just thought the guy was well out of order.

Ha i'm all out of tops to sell. You will need to get them shipped over one day.

Many were using the same argument as their support for Whyte a year ago.

The one thing that has been proven is that we need to examine all bids , including the BKs, with a fine toothcomb to establish which is best. To make a decision now without all of the facts seems premature at best.

The BKs to my mind have to put the facts out to the fans, seeing as so far they are the only bidders wanting fan involvement.

I'm not so sure we will know very much about the others.

I'm totally gobsmacking by internet Rangers supporters lack of understanding about the situation we find ourselves in. TBK's task is twofold 1) to save our club and 2) by involving the fans make the club transparent to all and by doing that bringing REALISM into the equation. What is the online response? (thank God it's just the online brigade). If Rangers fans support TBK's they're labelled BLIND!!! Unfeekingbelievable! Some us these people are happy to give Ally ANOTHER YEAR despite him showing himself to be inept! As I say unfeekinbe...

Paul Murray and his group have the backing of Walter Smith and yet those of us who back them (financially as well as vocally) are told we are BLIND! What an insulting attitude some have! I'll leave it at that as I'm very feeking angry!

Still failing to see clear justification as to WHY the BK's bid is the one to back!!!!

All bids have been lodged with the Admins with a view to saving the club - if not, why place a bid??? As for the fans ownership.....at a minimum of £1000 per share, how many shares is Mr Average Joe REALLY gonna get in the club??? I would say that the vast majority of "investors" will get 1 share a piece. Then steps up your really wealthy folk who can afford to purchase in bulk - they are the ones that will get the places on the board, with maybe a token representative of the fans.

As for Walter Smith's backing....I think BrahimHendani's thread about John Bennett is a good example here. JB was touted by Paul Murray as one of the consortium members. When asked about it Mr Bennett says his final decision wasn't clear & that PM had released his name too early. With Smith, I could see the conversation going along the lines of:

PM: "Hey Walter, I'm gonna take over Rangers!!!!"

WS: "That sounds like a great idea"

Add in a bit of media spin to the above, and you've got another "backer"

Also, with regard to Fans ownership/input....why are you sooooo convinced it is the way forward and will ultimately benefit the club???

All the details of the other bids will be revealed in due course, then we will know exactly how the BK's bid stack up with the rest. Until then I remain unconvinced with PM/BK's offering is the best way forward.

The BKs to my mind have to put the facts out to the fans, seeing as so far they are the only bidders wanting fan involvement.

I'm not so sure we will know very much about the others.

They have put some information out there but it's very woolly on the details. They have not explained how much of the club Ticketus will own, for example, and how exactly are Ticketus going to get their cash back.

I'm afraid that you are correct on the other bids. However a lack of information does not mean that it's not going to be good (or bad) for us.

I wonder will they give out what interest rate ticketus are going to charge? If they want fans participation should be something most will be interested in.

I worked out last week that if the story of Whyte selling them 100,000 season tickets for £24.4m is correct, then they have bought 100k ST's for just over half of what the real value of the tickets would be. It appears to be VERY expensive to use Ticketus for credit since we're probably paying between 90% and 95% interest on the £24.4m deal that Whyte did if that deal is upheld and we have to pay Ticketus the full amount back. Selling them tickets for less than they're worth isn't the same thing technically as interest, but it's pretty fair to look at it as interest if you're selling a bundle of tickets for little more than half their value.

Guest Dutchy

But do Ticketus get 100% return on the sold future tickets? I thought they'd only get a slight rise on the price they paid.

The worse thing about this is that Whyte borrowed on the security of the future ST sales and paid off the bank debt. Pocketed the rest as well as the tax money due to HMRC since last May. Surely if anything, there should be criminal procedings brought against Whyte. But as he's got the cash, we haven't, they're pussy footy around the crook in order to appeal to his better nature.

I may not know how business and government work, who does, but I remember the environmental department being very lenient on offenders as they depended on them to say what shit they spewed into the rivers after they were caught. Doesn't look much diffirent in this case.

Guest Dutchy

What's going on with this site?

Where did all the jews in concentation camps come from?

There was some sociologist professor saying that internet chat breaks down once Hitler gets a word in.

I think things have been broken for a long time before that.

What's going on with this site?

Where did all the jews in concentation camps come from?

There was some sociologist professor saying that internet chat breaks down once Hitler gets a word in.

I think things have been broken for a long time before that.

Think this site is getting some crazy folk, ha prob me included. But the guys comments on jews and camps wer bang out of order.