Celtic boss Neil Lennon to receive extra police protection for derby title decider

NEIL LENNON will have extra police protection in the technical area today when Celtic try to wrap up the SPL title at Ibrox.

Strathclyde Police met with the Celtic manager on Wednesday and his own personal safety was high on the agenda.

The Hoops can seal the championship with a win over their bitter rivals and police will take every precaution necessary to make sure there is no trouble inside or outside the stadium.

Lennon, who was attacked by a Hearts fan at Tynecastle last term, said: â??There will be a huge police presence inside Ibrox, maybe more than usual.

â??It was intimated that there may be more police than usual around me.

â??I seem to evoke emotions in people even if I blow my nose or look at them the wrong way. But Iâ??d rather talk this game down than talk it up.

â??Iâ??ll speak to the authorities about what we can and canâ??t do. It might be playing with fire if I go on to the pitch at the end.

â??We had the police in and they reminded the players what is expected of them on the pitch.â?

Lennon was involved in a touchline bust-up with Ally McCoist when Celtic beat Gers at Parkhead in last seasonâ??s Scottish Cup.

The Hoops boss took exception to something McCoist whispered in his ear and reacted angrily.

He then promised to reveal what was said to him if Celtic won the SPL this season but Lennon now insists he wonâ??t be spilling the beans.

He said: â??I was joking. It was tongue in cheek.

â??To clear it up, that will not be the case at all. It has all been put to bed.â?

Celticâ??s Treble bid ended last weekend when they lost to Kilmarnock in the League Cup Final.

But Lennon insists his players want to make amends by sealing the title at Ibrox.

He said: â??The lads arenâ??t feeling sorry for themselves but they know theyâ??ve missed out on a fantastic opportunity to do the Treble.

â??We havenâ??t lost a game in the league since October at Hearts.

â??That speaks volumes for the consistency and quality weâ??ve displayed.

â??This derby will be tense and raw but I love the ingredients of this game.â?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/2012/03/25/celtic-boss-neil-lennon-to-receive-extra-police-protection-for-derby-title-decider-86908-23800732/

... no, he won't be gloating, nor will his team, nor will his fans. Never!

You really wonder how strict the police and the stewards will check the people entering their end of the ground.

WE should make sure that enough digicams and the likes are aimed at their lot and tape any misbehaviour. On every day, we should be above that - probably - but they need to be kept in place and this day is as good as any other to start it.