Rangers fansâ?? fighting fund - a statement

a Good move by the RFFF, But i would have paid Dundee United too. I hate that prick Thompson but the good PR from paying both clubs would far greater. I have said before the fund should go further and pay small creditors. We the supporters contributed and should decide where the monies go, rules of the fund have been put in place but need to be updated from time to time. The fund needs to be adaptable and this is a good start.

Much as I dislike what Dundee Utd did last year (and I was there and refused to pay again to see the same match), paying Dunfermline and not paying Dundee Utd is indeed petty in my opinion. If it is legitimate for the fan's money to be used in this way and I would argue that it is not; then all Scottish Clubs should be treated in the same way.

One reason why I do not think it is a legitimate use of the money is that many of the fans who paid for Dunfermline tickets will, in effect be paying twice now for the same match; and that can't be right.

However, the main point in my view is that the money received by Rangers for the sale of Dunfermline tickets should have been ring fenced and be available to pay that debt. It is of course not a running cost of the Club, which are wages, administration, stadium upkeep etc.

If the Rangers administrators use that money for other purposes, and they are now in a position to do that, they are no better in my view than CW who used PAYE, NIC and VAT to finance other running costs of the Club.

It is one thing using your ordinary income i.e. ticket sales for whatever purpose you want; it is quite another when you have used other people's money e.g. away ticket sales or tax for your own ends.

If the Rangers administrators use that money for other purposes, and they are now in a position to do that

I don't agree that they're now in a position to do that BH. The administrators are not and should never be in control of the Fighting Fund other than in the event where they have a cashflow shortfall and request money from the Fund.

My guess is that the Fund's gift to Dunfermline for the remainder of the club's debt to them is simply a publicity stunt by the Fund and a rather expensive one at that....

I don't agree that they're now in a position to do that BH. The administrators are not and should never be in control of the Fighting Fund other than in the event where they have a cashflow shortfall and request money from the Fund.

My guess is that the Fund's gift to Dunfermline for the remainder of the club's debt to them is simply a publicity stunt by the Fund and a rather expensive one at that....

I agree that it is poor judgement on the part of the RFFF.

I know Andrew McCormack reasonably well but I wonder if his close links to certain parties at Ibrox are not clouding his judgement just a little bit.

What I meant however, was that if the RFFF pay Dunfermline it leaves the Administrators in a position to use the Dunfermline ticket money for other purposes and that is wrong in my view.

I know Andrew McCormack reasonably well but I wonder if his close links to certain parties at Ibrox are not clouding his judgement just a little bit.

He won't have made this decision alone, it'll have been a joint decision.

What I meant however, was that if the RFFF pay Dunfermline it leaves the Administrators in a position to use the Dunfermline ticket money for other purposes and that is wrong in my view.

Ok, I understand what you're saying now and that's a fair point, but it's also detracting from the fact that the fund probably shouldn't have been used to pay one of the club's creditors during this period of administration in the first place.

Its slightly enjoyable to not use the fund for paying Dundee Utd, it also is a slight GIRUY to the SFA say we must pay them.

However it is also very petty.

But I am more towards the GIRUY to Dundee UTD.

Not sure what to think about this now because I've just noticed that this announcement about paying Dunfermline from the Fund came the day before the SFA tribunal regarding us and SPL board meeting regarding us. Interesting timing!

I find myself not too fussed about this as I understand the administrators had already agreed to pay the monies due to DAFC ergo to me it's a neutral transaction from which we're trying to garnish some good PR (there's a novelty!).

As much as I like the two fingered salute to Stephen Thompson I feel DU will be the beneficiaries of RFC monies sooner rather than later whether we like it or not.

And maybe you don't understand the difference between running costs and creditors.

Given you already said you don't know what the running costs actually are, I find it curious that you make a distinction. In the world of football, surely creditors (IE every club we play against) form part of our running costs.